What is your guitar whim right now?

View attachment 109236
Looking forward to getting one of these. I liked that they went with genuine hardware on it. A little apprehensive as my last guitar from Indonesia wasn't so great. But that was about a decade ago and all I keep hearing is things have improved considerably. We shall see!
This was the guitar that led me to getting the Schecter exotic. It is great spec with the wenge neck and gotoh 510. I just didn't need a trem guitar and already have a Suhr with a 510.

Hopefully QC will good for you.

Nice looking!

I had to search who is that Miles Dimitri Baker. At the first video I've found he is playing through the Axe-FX II, but that tone sucks (for my personal taste)

Man, I'm with you. I didn't like the tone, but I hated the music too, so that was tough to watch. I'm a metalhead, but I do not like most modern styles I've heard. I think I might be in the minority. I went to see Scale The Summit on a friend's recommendation, and I walked out halfway through the set haha. They had great tone though. But those guys were somewhat along these lines as far as the style of writing to me.

I forgot to mention that this comes in a 6 and 7 string version. It's weird that I hadn't heard of this, because I check out the Schecter site often for new releases, but I found it on some shop's site. That video was from December, and it's crazy to me I hadn't found it until now. The six string has the Pegasus and Sentient set from Duncan, which I think you could easily dial in to sound fantastic. I don't know what was going on with that recording haha.

I’m waiting on a white evh Wolfgang to get here. Been waiting a while and the longer it continues to take the more j feel like just canceling. lol. But good things come to those who wait they say.

I’m waiting on a white evh Wolfgang to get here. Been waiting a while and the longer it continues to take the more j feel like just canceling. lol. But good things come to those who wait they say.

I bought white EVH Wolfgang from ZZSounds thick E string rides right off the fretboard - back it went

If you got a USA version you should be ok - I have brand new Gotoh locking tuners sitting here doing nothing hint hint

Man, I'm with you. I didn't like the tone, but I hated the music too, so that was tough to watch. I'm a metalhead, but I do not like most modern styles I've heard. I think I might be in the minority. I went to see Scale The Summit on a friend's recommendation, and I walked out halfway through the set haha. They had great tone though. But those guys were somewhat along these lines as far as the style of writing to me.

I forgot to mention that this comes in a 6 and 7 string version. It's weird that I hadn't heard of this, because I check out the Schecter site often for new releases, but I found it on some shop's site. That video was from December, and it's crazy to me I hadn't found it until now. The six string has the Pegasus and Sentient set from Duncan, which I think you could easily dial in to sound fantastic. I don't know what was going on with that recording haha.
That was just a collection of riffs. I cannot find any musical charm there. But they made a custom guitar for him, so it must be a thing

Last edited:
This thing ticks almost every box:

• ebony or rosewood compound radius fingerboard
  • medium - to - jumbo frets (radius is more important than fret size imo)
  • HSS with direct-mount EMG's a la Knopfler and Lukather
  • Floyd Rose (they just feel like home to me)
  • 22 frets (neck singles sound nicer when they're closer to the nut)

View attachment 108340

I am also dying for the following strat:

• almost the same as above with the following exceptions:
  • traditional strat w/ pickguard; white EMG's and pickguard
  • shell pink body
  • ebony fingerboard
  • flamed maple neck
I am selling my American Pro II strat because of its 9.5" fingerboard radius, as well as the fact that I just prefer ebony and rosewood. It's a very bright instrument.
The Korean Floyd is a bit of a shame .

He is an epic epic guitar player ! ex rings of saturn ! hes kinda like a friend /acquaintance since 20012/13 iirc . He also has an fm3 now. A super duper nice guy tbh !
I personally dont like anything unless it is 7 /8 string(drop g and lower) has a tonne of chugs/ dissonance/ technical riffs, and drop tuned for the most part( exception being meshuggah) Standard 6 string/ drop c/d metal i just find too light ( not heavy enough) for my liking though i grew up listening traditional stuff so its always in the heart, but it is absolutely nothing else but modern low tuned metal that i like now.
Jason Richardson is my favorite artist.

Speaking of guitar whims, its my new guitar a Skervesen Raptor 7ff got a custom 26-28'' scale, richlite fretboard, swamp ash open pore body on this one.

raptor7 .JPG

He is an epic epic guitar player ! ex rings of saturn ! hes kinda like a friend /acquaintance since 20012/13 iirc . He also has an fm3 now. A super duper nice guy tbh !
I personally dont like anything unless it is 7 /8 string(drop g and lower) has a tonne of chugs/ dissonance/ technical riffs, and drop tuned for the most part( exception being meshuggah) Standard 6 string/ drop c/d metal i just find too light ( not heavy enough) for my liking though i grew up listening traditional stuff so its always in the heart, but it is absolutely nothing else but modern low tuned metal that i like now.
Jason Richardson is my favorite artist.

Very cool. I gave up on all new music at a certain point, so I'm not a good judge of the modern styles; I don't deny that they take skill to execute, but I liken the way I feel about the types of metal themselves the way people would deride shredders of the 80s; paradoxically, I worship at the altar of Shrapnel Records, which just means I'm stuck in time. No deeper indictment toward him or anyone emersed in the modern metal styles; I just can't stand what I've heard personally. It's always nice to know when someone making a career of it is actually a nice person.

Very cool. I gave up on all new music at a certain point, so I'm not a good judge of the modern styles; I don't deny that they take skill to execute, but I liken the way I feel about the types of metal themselves the way people would deride shredders of the 80s; paradoxically, I worship at the altar of Shrapnel Records, which just means I'm stuck in time. No deeper indictment toward him or anyone emersed in the modern metal styles; I just can't stand what I've heard personally. It's always nice to know when someone making a career of it is actually a nice person.

his new stuff!
in my opinion it is better tone than the previous video
i can understand what you mean, in general too , the fractal forums tend to have more people who favor older tastes of music.
In the end the new genres have evolved in some way or the other from the older styles whichever the people like, so no surprise there.

Last edited:
Here we go again lol - luv these guitars so much fun to play and sound awesome - be home in 2 days :)

Limited Run so not many to be had - thought I would find soft C neck odd from traditional wizard necks - like these better

Ibanez AZ2402FF Prestige

Back
Top Bottom