What is your go-to back up for the axe?

shadoe

Experienced
I know the AEII is incredibly reliable but I gig frequently and don't have a back up yet. I don't have the 2200 for another II but I saw a pod hd on Craigslist for 250 I was thinking about getting.

What is your back up?

Tech 21 Character British pedal. Small, straight into the desk.

I used an HD500 happily for years, but toward the end, the digital amp sims drove me nuts. I bought a Tech 21 Blonde and used that for my amp sim with the HD for FX, volume, etc. I liked that so well, I graduated to an Ethos, which did better Fender cleans than the Blonde (IMO) and was two channels, giving me more tonal range. A very hot setup.

When I got the Axe II, the HD got sold but I kept the Ethos. So my backup is a Pedaltrain Jr. with the Ethos (non-powered), CMAT Mods Deluxe Signa Comp, Timmy, Wampler Ecstasy, and Boss DD-6 delay. However the Axe has never required a backup, so this stuff just collects dust. I'm keeping it all, though, as sometimes I get calls for quickie gigs with zero setup time. Drop the Pedaltrain on the floor and go. Or just the Ethos running on batteries.

My old pedalboard into any backline available or my Roland Cube mini and then mike it up.
Pedalboard consists in Crybaby-boss ns2-Suhr Riot-Keeley comp-TC flashback delay-TC hall of fame reverb

I use a Roland GR-55 guitar synth, which basically has the Boss GT-100 inside it, too. It's my backup if the Axe fails.

I don't have a backup. I do have a Marshall head and a couple of crappy pedals, but because I don't have space to cart them around to every gig, I don't bother. I know this means if there is a problem, I am screwed, but hey, I like to live on the edge!

Back
Top Bottom