What is your favourite NON rock/metal group/artist?

For non-rock/metal, I'd have to say Diana Krall. She's a wonderful singer and an absolutely brilliant musician who has surrounded herself with other brilliant musicians.

Focusing primarily on jazz as I am now, I have quite a few non-rock faves.

Wes Montgomery is a huge inspiration for me. I've been working on the song Sundown for some time. It's really stretching my playing ability.

For more modern music (post 1980), Kurt Rosenwinkel is absolutely on another planet with his command of the guitar. The man's an alien ;-)

I kinda agree with m@ on this one. I do get really into bands in spurts though. My current obsession is Steam Powered Giraffe.

*facepalm*

The Dave Matthews bands is deliberate guitar based. I'm asking about bands that might use a guitar now and then, but an the whole are not a "band" band.

*facepalm*

The Dave Matthews bands is deliberate guitar based. I'm asking about bands that might use a guitar now and then, but an the whole are not a "band" band.

*facepalm* this is seriously not apparent from you opening post.

What is your favourite NON rock/metal group/artist? And I mean anything that is deliberately guitar based music like punk/blues/ska etc.

Reads to me (and many others, I suspect...) as "what deliberately guitar based music do you like that is NON rock/metal"

So. To get back on topic...

If I had to absolutely choose one, it would be Shpongle.

Metallica......

No to be serious I like some from Skrillex.
No idea why cus deff not my style, but i like it...

Dont really feel comfortable liking this but..

[video]http://www.slack-time.com/music-video-14069-Skrillex-First-Of-The-Year-Equinox[/video]

Last edited:
One most people wouldn't imagine I am a huge fan of is Jon Brion's work with Aimee Mann and Fiona Apple. Top notch pop.

Also, Elle Macho.

Back
Top Bottom