What is your favorite single cut?

I'm currently jonesing for this:
gijeb1hbcjsk1a9igcgm.jpg

Mint 2015 PRS SC 245 / Mc Carty

Took me a long time and lots of money to realize this.

I had the right guitar but the top wasnt as fancy as my trade. Returned it, spent probably close to $5k trying to find that "perfect guitar" - bought the trade bait (my custom built singlecut, built by a woodworker who plays) when it came back up for sale. Sometimes you gotta let the hands and ears override the eyes.

Reactions: ESW
I love my DGT. Could never get along with Les Paul’s but love the sound. My DGT feels more like a strat, and has a great vibrato system. The only thing I don’t like is the placement of the pickup selector, but I will live with that.
The reversed volume trips me up all the time, but only because I play a lot of other guitars - I'm sure if the DGT was my primary, I'd get used to it pretty quickly. I think the CU24 has the best ergonomics of all of their stuff, though.

The reversed volume trips me up all the time, but only because I play a lot of other guitars - I'm sure if the DGT was my primary, I'd get used to it pretty quickly. I think the CU24 has the best ergonomics of all of their stuff, though.
It's a minor change to swap the volume controls to reflect how Gibson does it. I think they're swapped on the DGT because Grissom uses his bridge pickup for most of his playing, making its control in front be more convenient.

I like being able to use the volume controls for swells and violin-like Phil Keaggy-type stuff, and the orientation results in it not sounding right but I don't let that get in the way of my enjoyment. I really like playing the DGT - it feels and sounds so good.

Reactions: ESW
No single cuts at the moment. I've had a couple of Gibson LPs in the past, and for one reason or another, never got along. One was a traditional, and the baseball bat neck and 10lbs just make it uncomfortable after an hour. The BFG was fun for what it was, and the HP...I don't know. The right person wanted it more than I did at the time. So, I'm kind of thinking of something new. If I don't find anything, maybe I'll go for an SG or some variant.
They don't have to be 10 lbs. My Classic is 8.5 lbs with a slim taper neck.
P1120721.png

Not really a single cut is it?
Yes
Definition of cutaway is met.
....a indentation of the upper bout of the guitar body adjacent to the guitar neck designed to allow easy access to the upper frets.

If I close my eyes and feel the neck... 10 out of 10 people would say it's a single cut.

Looks like a double cut away?... but you couldn't say that by holding the neck and access to the frets.

So I think function over rides appearance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom