What is your favorite IR Cab Pack/Pack's?

I've been very happy with a Port City IR I bought from 3SigmaAudio. At one point I was using it for everything, but I would say it's best for a modern prog type of tone. However, I also tried another of their packs, and was disappointed.
I tried some Ownhammer stuff as well, but I can't really make them work for me. If you are into mixing IRs and stuff, I think they are really great value for money though. Just too many IRs to go through for me, even with the 'Quick-Start'-folders.

My two favorite packs are the OwnHammer Heavy Hitters Collection (OH 412 MAR V30+EVH JS is my #1 IR) and the ML Sound Lab Bulb Zilla collection. I really like that although there a ton of individual IRs in each, both have folders for the top picks so you don't have to spend forever auditioning and mixing things. The Zilla pack has some tasty presets included too.

After that, get to know the cab block. All sorts of nice goodies in there that are the cherry on top of your tone. High/Low Cut, room level, proximity with a null mic, motor drive, and the preamp feature are all great tools.

My two favorite packs are the OwnHammer Heavy Hitters Collection (OH 412 MAR V30+EVH JS is my #1 IR) and the ML Sound Lab Bulb Zilla collection. I really like that although there a ton of individual IRs in each, both have folders for the top picks so you don't have to spend forever auditioning and mixing things. The Zilla pack has some tasty presets included too.

After that, get to know the cab block. All sorts of nice goodies in there that are the cherry on top of your tone. High/Low Cut, room level, proximity with a null mic, motor drive, and the preamp feature are all great tools.
+1 on this.
ML Zilla and HHC are pretty much the only 2 packs I use for my presets and always my go-to when trying new amps, or looking for new sounds.
There is massive variety for not much $$ - within your budget too.
My first purchases were the Justin York pack and Cab Pack 13, but for me I can find pretty much everything in either ML Zilla or HHC packs.

I've got the Ownhammer HHC, JYC and Marsh-UK packs. I'm a big fan of their mixes and tend to use the Mesa V30 mixes (HHC) for my heavy tones and the Marshall TV mixes for low gain/crunch sounds. I had the Redwirez IR's for my old Ultra and got some really good results and I've just ordered the Valhallir teaser pack which I'll be keen to try.

I want to buy a Celestion IR pack but I can't find how to make an account.......erm lol?
I've been using the internet for 21 years!

I have the Ownhammer California Duo, Ownhammer Deluxe Reverb 1x12, and several 3 Sigma cabinets. I don't like any of the 3 Sigma stuff as it's way too hyped in the high end. The OH stuff is pretty good, although often I prefer the stock cabs which often sound "sweeter" or more polished to my ears.

To be honest, I hate having to dig through hundreds of impulses on a single cabinet. I'd rather just have a single mix from several different cabinets (like the factory cabs) then tweak the amp settings to my taste.

Are there any of the Fractal cab packs that are worth picking up that have a nice variety rather than a deep dive of one or a few cabs?

I spent a good chunk of time tonight going through the detail of my Ownhammer packs and I found the basic R121 impulses are fantastic for all the cabs (both California Duo cabs and the Deluxe Reverb). There's a little smoother response across the board with maybe a bit more relaxed mids compared to the pre mixed versions but the high end is definitely more present and lively than most stock cabs. You might find some aren't quite woofy or thumpy enough in the low end but there is a proximity boost available.

When I briefly had a Helix, I found myself using the R121 for most cabinets because it was fairly smooth and allowed the sound of the cabs to come through. IMO the Fractal amps are modeled better or more predictable and the OH cabs are also more consistent, so it gives the flavor of the different cabs without wild swings in the sound.

Back
Top Bottom