What is your favorite factory preset?

"The Planets"

I remember the original iteration of it on my Ultra from way back when. I ended up developing vague ideas for a concept album based on a riff I created with it.

Granted, that album is still a ways off but I love that preset so much. I think it actually sounded best on the Ultra due to the lesser quality pitch effects having a certain vibe that I preferred for this case

Several people listed the Solo 100 preset as a favorite. I pulled that one up today, and hated it, dull and dead. Tried the Solo 88, immediately thought, "that's more like it". I'll tweak it, but it's way way closer for me.

I'm not comparing to the real amps, I've never been in the room with one, much less played one, just reacting as a player. I'm also not just comparing the preset itself, I tweaked it quite a bit, same.

Anyone else feel the same?

Several people listed the Solo 100 preset as a favorite. I pulled that one up today, and hated it, dull and dead. Tried the Solo 88, immediately thought, "that's more like it". I'll tweak it, but it's way way closer for me.

I'm not comparing to the real amps, I've never been in the room with one, much less played one, just reacting as a player. I'm also not just comparing the preset itself, I tweaked it quite a bit, same.

Anyone else feel the same?
Let me try this a different way...

Can any of you Solo 100 players please post a clip of you playing that amp PRESET and sounding the way you like it? Just curious what you guys like so much about it.

Last edited:
Let me try this a different way...

Can any of you Solo 100 players please post a clip of you playing that amp and sounding the way you like it? Just curious what you guys like so much about it.

York Audio's test clip for the ORNG pack was done with the Solo. I thought it sounded good: #465
I'm pretty sure Leon's done stuff with the SLO (real and Axe model) on his channel as well.

York Audio's test clip for the ORNG pack was done with the Solo. I thought it sounded good: #465
I'm pretty sure Leon's done stuff with the SLO (real and Axe model) on his channel as well.
Thanks @Brian Angiel, I misspoke. I've heard that clip of Justin's, and it does sound great, though probably not a super common tone for me.

I meant the Solo 100 factory preset that folks here like so much, and I didn't.

It is true that I also did mess with the amp controls, basically taking only the amp and cab choices as givens, and also didn't get happy down that road.
But the simple mystery for me is what sound folks are getting out of the preset that they like.

Last edited:
I can’t remember exact names ...

Wrecked
Mark Day’s Dual Rec
Dweezil’s Bassman

... and one based on one of the Brown Fender models.

Back
Top Bottom