What is your favorite delay model?

Hansen

Experienced
What is your favorite delay model on the Axe? I have used the 2290 w/mod quite a lot. Anybody else who likes that one?

2290w/mod has been my fav a long time for clean tones. Haven't had a time to check the newest delays, that came in a couple of fw updates ago.

Mono tape 2290 and of late the mind guy I really like that delay for clean far off sounds or dirty rhythm or lead sounds I want to make up some of the same sounds with no modulation just to have them I think the mind guy sounds great.

The DUAL config is the most versatile in my opinion, but I could never live without the TAPE or REVERSE configs.

Mind Guy is my current fav, and the new BBDs are not far behind. Also use the Vintage Digital a lot as well (although might be replaced by Mind Guy now).

In the Axe Fx my absolute favorite and go to delay is the Tape delay, but the new Mind Guy is also really special IMO.
Overall I think all the delays in the Axe Fx are really good.

I have used a TC 2290 as my fave delay for many years, but the Axe 2290 didn't get me everything I was used to when I tried it a long time ago - I might have to revisit the Axe 2290 as my last encounter with it was before the FW with the Fx refresh.

The DUAL config is the most versatile in my opinion, but I could never live without the TAPE or REVERSE configs.
Man I so wish I could have the mono tape in the dual configuration so it would be like two mono's. I also wish that if the feature get's added that it also get's added to AX8

Are the delays specific modeling of a given pedal/circuit et al., or are they basically just presets, which are created from the same framework, with just differences in modulations and all the other countless parameters ?

Is a Analog Mono the same thing as the Memory Guy just with all the knobs set differently or is there different models between the those two, and then each can be further tweeked with all the countless pages of parameters ?

Are the delays specific modeling of a given pedal/circuit et al., or are they basically just presets, which are created from the same framework, with just differences in modulations and all the other countless parameters ?

Is a Analog Mono the same thing as the Memory Guy just with all the knobs set differently or is there different models between the those two, and then each can be further tweeked with all the countless pages of parameters ?

The knob right next to the type called config selects the different algorithms. 2 types of delay that use the same config, are basically just the same delay with different preset values of the parameters that the user can override.

Digital: Dual Delay. Exactly as M@tt wrote...for versatility. Having two delays with different times in each ear of headphones is great fun.
Analogue: the most recent ones, that were added, the BBDs. Clarky summed it up nicely when they first came out: because they're lo-fi, they make the original [i.e. 'dry'] guitar signal more pronounced/noticeable in contrast with the delay.

Back
Top Bottom