What is your favorite cab & amp block?

markmusicman

Experienced
I thought it would be cool to find out what amp and cab block user like the most. Since I only use a very few amps it would be nice to find out some different combos from other users. Please post your favorite amp and cab block I would love to try out what is working great for others and get a feel for what's being used the most.
Thanks!

One of my favorites is the Badger 30 with a Marshall 4x12 such as one of the OH Brit Live and Loud IR's and/or the Fractal TV Mix. Love this tone with my Tele! It packs a wallop and can be very clean or dirty depending on pick attack and input gain.

Right now, I'm really into the Morgan (20, I think?) with some of the new cabs in the OwnHamer Marshall Vintage set.. really like either the Altec or Fane speakers with my Nocaster Tele. I run my old Lovepedal COT 50 in front of the Axe with this as well- it's sounds killer, but what really gets me is the feel or response this has. The other I go back to most of the time is the Plexi 100- tons of things you can do with it.

I change week to week though- that's the cool part about the Axe.

My amp sim mainstay since v.10 has been the Friedman HBE and BE. I'll go to the "Plexi's" from time to time and have been messing with the "TripTik" (modern mainly). As far as the cabs... well that's a different kettle of fish. My, "homie" has been G12-65 and T-75 type cab/speaker (and always will be) but with the new OH's... add in there the Marshall checkerboard cab w/Pre-Rola's, G12-M blackback, and the V-30 EN.

Triptik Modern, Friedman BE and HBE - all with the Basketweave TV Mix.

That's working great for me right now.

Herbert with the Cali has been a go to...but after buying some OH IR's last night I've got lots to check out...

Ok one of my favorite cabs is 103 in the Axe I know allot of others love this cab to. I have found a bunch I love from OwnHammer. If anyone has the new Own Hammer give the following Cab a try I think you'll love it if you liked 103. Its called OH MAR- CB V30 -CH T1 Studio Vintage this is one of my new favorites now.

Back
Top Bottom