What is your favorite beer?

O’Dells 90 Shilling. This post has inspired me to open one as it feels like it’s 100 degrees F right now.

good friend of mine was manager at this micro brewery down the street. What you'd call bitter-sweet. I'd hop there way too frequently. They brought in all sorts of craft beers on the weekly and discovered my love for IPA's. As mentioned in this thread already I will second beers from Deschutes and Lagunitas! Goose Island is another I enjoy. Beer is life. Honestly, I can't drink regular beers anymore. I'd just be chasing the dragon.

Favorite beer? Root beer

Any particular brand? I do enjoy a good root beer. Drank many an IBC bottle in my youth. More recently I've found Maine Root brand and enjoy it as well. They usually have it on the fountain at Torchy's Tacos in Austin.

Mast Landing Gunner’s Daughter
Bissel Brothers The Substance

I also have a soft spot for New Glarus Spotted Cow. It’s the first “good” beer I got into, and I tried it for the first time on my first date with my wife.

I went to St. Vincent College in Latrobe in the early 90’s and this stuff flowed like water. We’d get a keg on warm days and drop it into the creek below the East student parking lot. Didn’t need ice or a garbage can to put it in - stayed cold all day (or until we floated it of course). Great memories with the rock. Fuzzy memories but great nonetheless.

SE Pennsylvania here....

Yuengling is OK when family/friends are over. Actually gives me an upset stomach after 4-5 bottles (don't know why). Keeps me from buying Bud/Coors/Miller. Not bad for an adjunct brewer though.

Victory Golden Monkey is my usual and is cheaper than actual Belgian Tripel imports (@ 9.5%). Hey, If I'm gonna drink, make it worth it..... I dig Belgians.

Unibroue, Ommegang and Allagash are very good as well for Belgian styles.

For the brave, I dare them to try Aventius Eisenbock (@ 12%), but their Weisenbock is great as well - Think strong wheat ale.

Last edited:
Victory Golden Monkey is my usual and is cheaper than actual Belgian Tripel imports (@ 9.5%). Hey, If I'm gonna drink, make it worth it..... I dig Belgians.

For the brave, I dare them to try Aventius Eisenbock (@ 12%), but their Weisenbock is great as well - Think strong wheat ale.
These sound good, especially the Aventius Eisenbock. It is the first one I've seen that is stronger than Piraat Ale, which is 10.5%....
https://www.totalwine.com/beer/ale/belgian-style-ale/belgian-ipa/piraat-ale/p/3375817-2
A couple of those, and ye be sittin' yer arrrrrse down.... :D

In my home town:
Sours & Stouts: Side Project Brewing
IPAs: Narrow Gauge Brewing

In the US:
Sours: Casey Brewing & Blending, Hill Farmstead, Scratch
Stouts: Side Project Brewing
IPAs: Trillium Brewing, Treehouse Brewing, Other Half Brewing

Last edited:
For me, Beer is like Guitar tone, I like to change it up often which is why the AxeFx shines. I can instantly switch it up at the hit of a single button, or by cracking a single bottle cap and get something totally different. Guinness and miller lite or Sam Adams Boston lager. Either way they all do their job when that cap cracks and that green rectangle lights up

SE Pennsylvania here....

Great choices all, I've loved the few eisbocks I've tried and many Belgian-style ales. I loved Victory V12 and also their blackboard peach belgian blonde when I could find 'em. Also gotta a plug in for my dearly missed Samuel Adams Imperial White. Loved that stuff. Think I was the only guy in town who ever bought it tho. I'd love to find more of that stuff (which largely comes from the east coast, Colorado, and Utah) but here in Washington state we're drowning in trendy regional IPAs and sours.

Back
Top Bottom