What is your favorite beer?

Our local brewery here in the neighbouring city of Homburg in the beautiful (and slightly obscure) Saarland in the South West of Germany makes the best:
Karlsberg Urpils.

NOT to be mistaken for that Carlsberg from Denmark. NOT AT ALL. Bad mistake. Very bad. Bad, bad, bad. Karlsberg: Best beer in the world. Carlsberg: Camel pee pee.

Oh, and I forgot about one of my absolute favorites.... Uiltje's Sgt. Night Vision.
I know, for a Belgian to like a Dutch beer...

yes greed! Are you at Need Keellys in HK? love that place!

Oh yes, Great place. Food nothing much to write home about, but pints good and the jazz band of course. Pre pandemic and all other current crap of course. However, the above pint photo was taken few days ago at O'Reilly's in Ningbo. My usual local when roaming eastern China

Westmalle triple is my absolute nr 1

I like many others, but too many to mention.
Almost exclusively Belgian beer though.

When it comes to normal lager / pils, Stella and Maes are my favorites (over the most popular: Jupiler)
But honestly in a blind test it could differ :)
Heineken is however noticeably bad and almost sacrilege in Belgium.
They must have a very good business team behind them. :)

Did anyone of you ever try helium beer?

Look at this (with English subtitles):

Don‘t miss the burp at 2:19 :D

Last edited:
When it comes to normal lager / pils, Stella and Maes are my favourites (over the most popular: Jupiler)
As a fellow Belgian I won't touch anything from InBev
They don't pay taxes so they don't contribute to our Socials Security
So no Jupiler, Leffe, Hoegaarden, Stella, Triple Karmeliet, Kwak and certainly no Corona :)

My favorite type of beer is stout/porter
More specific (Russian) Imperial Stouts like Troubadour, Struise Black Albert, Cuvée Delphine, The Crow
I recently tried a couple of dessert stouts from The Prairie...
My favorite trappist beer is a Rochefort 10
You might like the Tatonka Stout, then.

I like pilsners and lagers when the weather is hot and darker more full bodied beers in the winter. Dos XX, Coors, and Guinness are my usual picks.

My favorite part about visiting the UK. Guinness in every pub. It's pretty good from a can or bottle here in the US, but so much better from the keg in a proper pub.
Proper pub indeed. I find the bottle and can Guinness abit gassy and bitter. At least those bottles/cans you get here in Asia

IMG_2683.jpg

Coke Zero!!! ❤️

Otherwise ...Bud Light!

Coors Light is cool too!

Just discovered Heineken Light!...it is surprisingly very good and flavorful .. .....

Back
Top Bottom