What is up with Fractal, and supply? New Customer

Reps as Representatives of the company, such as sales team, support team, whatever you feel is correct ;)
you've contacted support and they don't reply? that's strange.

i was just trying to clarify who you tried to contact specifically. i haven't heard of them not responding within 24 hours (except for weekends/holidays).

This is only the second time the Axe-Fx III has been out of stock since introduced.

It must of been when I first got mine. I was on the waitlist around 4/2018 for mine and purchased it that July. About a 3 month wait. Just went on the list for the new one last week and didn’t think about the fact that I’d be at the end of the line of the existing first time buyer list. Sold my mk1 too soon. Argh.

Read: Why does Fractal turn off the tap? Do they hate money?

Think about a few things.

The U.S. sent out stimulus money a few months ago. Lot of that went to people knowing they'd be sitting at home for long periods of time and looking for things to do during that time. Extra money + time to fill = 'Lets buy guitar gear'

Factories were shut down or had significantly diminished work force on limited work hours. Not just end device assembly, but also the factories that make the pieces and parts used to make those devices. Hence, businesses not being able to keep up with production.

Shipping delays and import quarantines.

But, yeah. I suppose it could be a loathing of the major thing that makes their business operate instead of all that...

Think about a few things.

The U.S. sent out stimulus money a few months ago. Lot of that went to people knowing they'd be sitting at home for long periods of time and looking for things to do during that time. Extra money + time to fill = 'Lets buy guitar gear'

Factories were shut down or had significantly diminished work force on limited work hours. Not just end device assembly, but also the factories that make the pieces and parts used to make those devices. Hence, businesses not being able to keep up with production.

Shipping delays and import quarantines.

But, yeah. I suppose it could be a loathing of the major thing that makes their business operate instead of all that...
I completely understand. A lot of what I post on here is either filled with rhetoric or sarcasm, and should probably be ignored.

Every support and sales email I’ve sent over like 10 years has always been responded to promptly, and obviously M, Cliff etc are also very present on the forum.

Are you sure the messages didn’t get flagged as spam or something ?

Yes I'm sure no flags, spam, etc. I used the email address and the website form more than once. I found it strange.

you've contacted support and they don't reply? that's strange.

i was just trying to clarify who you tried to contact specifically. i haven't heard of them not responding within 24 hours (except for weekends/holidays).
Yes, I found it strange as well. I used the email address waitlist@fractalaudio.com 2 times. When I got no response I used sales@fractalaudio.com. When I got no response there, I signed in at https://shop.fractalaudio.com/login.php, could see all my purchases and used the form https://support.fractalaudio.com/conversation/new on the Fractal audio website. I also sent a private message to Mark. So I've overdone trying to contact Fractal. I would never be upset, as I am a very loyal customer that just wants a confirmation of sorts.

Yes I'm sure no flags, spam, etc. I used the email address and the website form more than once. I found it strange.

Yes, I found it strange as well. I used the email address waitlist@fractalaudio.com 2 times. When I got no response I used sales@fractalaudio.com. When I got no response there, I signed in at https://shop.fractalaudio.com/login.php, could see all my purchases and used the form https://support.fractalaudio.com/conversation/new on the Fractal audio website. I also sent a private message to Mark. So I've overdone trying to contact Fractal. I would never be upset, as I am a very loyal customer that just wants a confirmation of sorts.
Pretty sure Waitlist doesn’t reply because it’s a waitlist, not a person.

Support usually replies very quickly, so there must be a lot of messages there.

This is disconcerting. I will look into this. If I find someone is not answering emails intentionally that person will be terminated.

I sent mail to waitlist yesterday and got the usual automated response. That one probably isn’t even monitored by a human.

That's weird.... anytime I've contacted them since 2009... they respond the same day. Even after hours and on weekends... Maybe some kind of glitch somewhere...

Yes, I found it strange as well.

Hi Tommy.

Thanks for helping us check whether there might be some communication problem. It looks like there are several! First, I deduce that for whatever reason, your mail system isn't allowing the autoresponses from our waitlist mailbox to reach you. These direct a person to not email the waitlist for help, but to contact sales instead. I see two recent emails you sent to sales were flagged as spam. This is highly unusual. Our filter is set to the lowest possible settings. I might actually suggest we look together at whether a major filter somewhere hasn't flagged you. I then see another message you sent to sales shows a timely response from Mark Day. Maybe you're not getting anything from us. A support ticket from you came in at 7AM today; I just answered it. We can continue this conversation there, or by private message here. I'm also sending you my cell phone number.

Let's work together and we'll remove all weird interferences here.

First post, have some questions... but not really about the Axe FX unit. I can conclude the unit is great, that's simple and documented by all the vids and stuff.

I've known about the Axe FXs for several year... but only in the last 3-4 years I have looked at purchasing seriously, but each time I've been on the website they were always on a back order status, and potentially that was just my timing, so I passed on ordering. So now I finally said "what the heck" I can wait and I'm old enough now to be pretty patient so it not all that important, so I got on the waiting list... and that led me to want to ask some questions.

As a business owner myself (Lithium Motorsport Batteries) and having our manufacturing offshore as well, I fully understand the difficulties of engineering and manufacturing products and the supply chain aspects. This is all we do also, but what gets my feet a little cold as I look at my Axe purchase is I cannot wrap my head around how Fractal is operating being it seems they are alway back ordered. So I had some basic questions. I don't expect the average forum person to weigh in unless they have some inside knowledge. But I'm just wanting to understand better since its a little odd the way this works after so many years I've been watching this product.

Here's my questions....

- Why are they always on backorders and wait lists, even after many years in business? I have not seen Fractal in a position where there is stock much of the time. I even wanted to buy a X-Load... but nope not in stock. Again, might be my timing, but it seem really odd for a seemingly very popular product that the company is not making a massive effort to be in front of the orders all the time. It's not my place to tell a company how to operate, but forecasting orders for a manufacturer is fairly simple especially when you have been in business for many years as Fractal has. But I've been going to the site on and off for several years and see back orders and lack of product a lot of the time. So it makes you wonder. At first I thought it was just demand so I would wait for it to subside.... now I'm finally ready to pull the trigger and it still like it was years ago when I first looked. So its a bit confusing.

-Why isn't there much clarity for the Customers ordering the product? Meaning it a pretty simple equation when manufacturing. You can inform the Customer honestly what your production levels are, and rough delivery dates of containers, yet still express to them that due to the varying status in the manufacturing process there maybe be delay of up to a few weeks. It at least keeps them in the loop. But the indefinite answer or waiting months is a bit odd. And from reading on the forums here it seems like everyone on the waitlist is just in limbo with no real updates except for another member saying they got an email. In 2014 and 2015 my company experienced a massive growth, and we got behind, but we emailed all dealers and individual customers the status with a simple bulk email program we divided into the different types of Customers, and it made everyone happy to at least be in the loop. Fractal might not have to worry about this, maybe the demand is always there, but for myself I would be stressing on the potential loss of sales and wanting the brand to have a super loyal and happy customer not just from the product perspective but for the business.

Anyway this is not meant to be a bash, but just a basic and honest inquiry as an excited Customer, and as someone who knows the difficulty of being in the electronics business.

Hi There, totally understand the frustration you are in, a year and half back I was also in the same boat. Initially for Axf3 and then for FC12... had fx3 for a long time without the switch controller. The wait sometimes takes over.....

But believe me, Fractal does what ever they can to assist, Sometimes the delay is not primarily in their hands I assume. I primarily don't live in the US, but every time I contacted Fractal they were super courteous.

Similarly have been experiencing their relentless efforts on firmware updates. They are a super awesome team and I am glad I put my money on Fractal, no regrets what so ever.....

I am sure, once you get your hands on the Axe Fx3, you wont regret the delay. HOLD ON 😁

I think part of the problem is that some manufacturers, such as Line 6, have huge manufacturing infrastructures and the financial might of Yamaha behind them. They can easily get all of their products into hundreds of stores simultaneously. Fractal, on the other hand, is a small-ish, almost "boutique" company. They have a loyal following and make outstanding products, but can't just make thousands of units anytime they want with an unlimited supply of cash. I might be totally wrong, but that's how it seems.

I was in the same boat about halfway through waiting for the FM3, where I started to doubt if the product would even be released. There's an element of faith when going with a company like Fractal, and you have to decide whether to play it safe or just go with your gut. Cliff isn't going to let you know exactly what's going on. He doesn't have to (a fact which frustrated the hell out of me for months). But in the end, you can't argue with how great the products are, even with some early adopter growing pains.

Every other company keeps stuff secret, make a million of it- announce it and sell it

Fractal is more transparent than most companies- tell us about a product - probably way too early - produce products in record time and we bitch and complain about it...

Every other company keeps stuff secret, make a million of it- announce it and sell it

Fractal is more transparent than most companies- tell us about a product - probably way too early - produce products in record time and we bitch and complain about it...
Sometimes I liken it to a retail store.

If the store opens at 11am, but a customer sees employees inside at 10am, some will knock on the door, ask if they’re open. When told they open at 11am, the customer says “but you’re inside.”

Hi Tommy.

Thanks for helping us check whether there might be some communication problem. It looks like there are several! First, I deduce that for whatever reason, your mail system isn't allowing the autoresponses from our waitlist mailbox to reach you. These direct a person to not email the waitlist for help, but to contact sales instead. I see two recent emails you sent to sales were flagged as spam. This is highly unusual. Our filter is set to the lowest possible settings. I might actually suggest we look together at whether a major filter somewhere hasn't flagged you. I then see another message you sent to sales shows a timely response from Mark Day. Maybe you're not getting anything from us. A support ticket from you came in at 7AM today; I just answered it. We can continue this conversation there, or by private message here. I'm also sending you my cell phone number.

Let's work together and we'll remove all weird interferences here.

customer service at its finest!

I don't know....and correct me if I'm wrong....when a large number of us were on the waiting list for the FC6/FC12, did Cliff not give us a heads up that he wanted to make a perfect product and was not happy with the samples that they received to test? It ended up being a longer wait but now after having the floorboard for more than a year and a half, I'm pretty thankful I got a super bulletproof product. I've used mine at countless gigs without even a hiccup. And to be honest with you, it was totally worth the wait.

I don't know....and correct me if I'm wrong....when a large number of us were on the waiting list for the FC6/FC12, did Cliff not give us a heads up that he wanted to make a perfect product and was not happy with the samples that they received to test? It ended up being a longer wait but now after having the floorboard for more than a year and a half, I'm pretty thankful I got a super bulletproof product. I've used mine at countless gigs without even a hiccup. And to be honest with you, it was totally worth the wait.

Yea exactly, Cliff had also announced during the Axe fx3 about the delay that the shipment from China was delayed due to unavailability of critical components, so Fractal surely has been more transparent than any other companies...

the wait was absolutely worthwhile...

Enjoying the FC 12 so much.

This is disconcerting. I will look into this. If I find someone is not answering emails intentionally that person will be terminated.
I wouldn't want to be sharing a cave with that bear with a sore head! ;)

It's incredible that the head honcho turns up with a reassurance that 'something' will be done to rectify a problem. I wish more companies would take a leaf out of Fractals book.....OUTSTANDING service!

Back
Top Bottom