What is up with Fractal, and supply? New Customer

It's a relatively small company, they make the best you can get, demand is high, it's been a VERY difficult year all round. Be patient, you will not regret it.

I still want to know who says when their shipping containers are coming in. Who is providing information that production floor pickers dont get?

Genuinely curious with 9 years in a DC.

As someone that works in manufacturing for 25 years I can tell the owners don't want this situation. Out of stock pretty much always means a loss in sales to a degree. But, also as smart business owners they can't over react to add capacity unless long term sales forecasts say production demands require it. Amassing huge amounts of overhead can equal being out of business very quickly. I'm sure they are doing everything they can. We are living in weird times with messed up supply chain issues, labor and regulatory constraints, and spikes (or drops in some industries) in sales. In my case waiting means more sales since I now bought an FC6 and 2 EV1s while I was waiting......:tearsofjoy:

please excuse a small percentage of our forum ‘buddies’.
Just like the general public, a percentage of them are fuckwits and they mix amongst us.
If you ask a question, or offer support, someone somewhere will get all indignant and be a pain in the arse. I was recently trolled because I mentioned one of my reasons to purchase was to support fractal!

There is a handy ‘ignore’ feature you can apply to any user here. Just click on the user name and choose ignore. Now that you’ll soon have a unit, I’d assume you’ll be around more often so welcome & congratulations-the axe fx will floor you. Get ready for some fun long nights ;-)

thanks
Pauly

Holy Moly.... some of you guys are like the Teslarati.... . I remember when I bought my Tesla I asked some questions on a forum and it lit those guys up, when I questioned why so many reports on body panel not lining up and such. They took it personal..... Yet when I went to Tesla and was buying the car and asking about the stuff they were totally cool. And actually the buying experience was the best I've ever had. My point being your forum loyalists need to really chill the heck out. You are not being attacked nor is Fractal. You guys are just nutty when you get all self indignant.

I'm not a shill and you can determine my company from my statements in the first post and my name. I'm a business owner who actually has a home studio, and I got on the waiting list to add a Axe fx. Didn't even know the forum existed since just a few days ago and was reading and thinking this is sort of odd they still have this problem I saw a few years back.... meaning these waiting lists.

The fact is I posted on the forum because the OWNER himself seems to be on this forum and some of the other guys who work there I think. So where am I wrong in asking about this waiting list when it is a fact I have seen personally, and read a forum post last night where the just the members are telling each other when they got an email and can assume the product is coming, so I figured I would just ask in a post.

Anyway, its all trippy to me.... the backlash for a basic question from someone who just wasn't understanding why all the waiting, insinuation of being a shill, cussed at.

Last, many of you are not aware of manufacturing/import practices, so I was asking from that perspective because that is what my company does just like Fractal. We import products we design. There is something called forecasting, and you can get very close to fulfilling future orders by "forecasting" you next quarters, or other time frames sales. That means making enough units to fill the demand and actually make more money because you don't lose any customers that are looking to purchase RIGHT NOW. So when you have hard data such as waiting lists, and this forum, and the product is a seasoned product that has been out several years, it is even more simple to forecast orders and demand. My point being I was just questioning this since I personally would like to know about when to expect any order I make would take. Nothing wrong with that.

I do look at the companies I buy from and if are they stable, when buying a $2000 fx processor. So when I see this great product in high demand, yet for several years I see it on back order several times I am thinking why, and would actually want to know the expected arrival for how far down I am on the waitlist.

It unfortunate some of you are so knee jerk about this, and just want to blast me. Please understand I don't even remotely care about those statements, but they do muddy the water and fill the thread with nonsense. I ordered the product, I'm happy to get it, I don't like waiting but I will.
The interest is not based on me receiving an answer to this post, but hell yeah I will ask any question that I think is reasonable and allows me to know how long I am going to be waiting.

@ the OP....I think you have asked reasonable questions.

There is only one person that can give a definitive answer, and he has given an answer.
This is only the second time the Axe-Fx III has been out of stock since introduced.

Definitive? ......arguably not, but there it is.....his prerogative.

I have asked the same question of Atomic amps. Try getting hold of Neo's these days, but I'm holding out.
Just like you I know I'll be satisfied once I get what I want. Thankfully I come from a generation where waiting for something worthwhile is satisfying and isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:
I got mine right away. No wait. I suppose switching over to a new model can cause momentary hiccups.

At least you can still get one. Not like hoping Howard Dumble likes your playing style AND wants to LET you pay him to build an amp for 3 years. ;)

@ the OP....I think you have asked reasonable questions.

There is only one person that can give a definitive answer, and he has given an answer.

Definitive? ......arguably not, but there it is.....his prerogative.

I have asked the same question of Atomic amps. Try getting hold of Neo's these days, but I'm holding out.
Just like you I know I'll be satisfied once I get what I want. Thankfully I come from a generation where waiting for something worthwhile is satisfying and isn't the end of the world.

I saw the answer and understand it was probably a timing thing. Oddly on my previous time looking at the Axe fox 2 long ago there was the same thing so I think each time I’m in a position or have the desire to purchase they have been out. Same thing seems to happen to me when I choose a grocery store line I always choose the slowest one, I guess I have bad timing.

I spent a little more time reading the forum and got a better picture of what’s going on, definitely not as responsive as I would have to be in my industry, but we have more competition there, and you can’t mess around in our channel or else word gets out and you get a bad reputation. We deal with high-end car owners and they are a very tough crowd so you want to be very responsive and hold their hand. But it pays off big time in my channel.

I think I had it wrong because I thought Fractal was a bigger company....I had seen on some site long ago that they had like 60 employees and $30 million in sales a year so I was thinking they were a much larger company, so I think that is why I was thinking it was odd that if they are at that level they would have any delays.

Anyway looking forward to it when the time gets here....

Keep in mind that Fractal uses wait lists, not pre-orders. They don't take any money in advance, so no units shipping out also means no money coming in. I'm sure nobody want's the supply issues resolved more than Fractal does.

I believe the biggest factor has already been mentioned; they are a relatively small company for the considerable footprint the have in the industry. The fact that people think they are a much larger company is a testament to how well they do things, how well the company is run and the high standards they've maintained for a long period of time.

Cliff for President!!!

Certainly affects large companies too....

Went to Ikea today looking for some materials to build some studio tables and what not (fixing up a new studio room after a recent move)

Every single light fixture, shelf bracket, table top etc I tried to buy was all out of stock. Didn’t matter the color, white, espresso, birch effect, all out, all sizes.

Masters of efficient global supply chains and they can’t keep half the store in stock....

I can't even find filters for my Chemex right now, which are just squares of paper....I can't imagine the struggles facing manufacturers, especially smaller companies with finite resources/manpower.

I saw the answer and understand it was probably a timing thing.
Anyway looking forward to it when the time gets here....

Just start prepping for what you've got coming. Get your cases & cables, monitors, whatever else you need ready to go.

If I could go back, I'd spend more time checking out more in-depth tutorials and getting familiar with the system. Maybe stocking up on more IRs.

The best part is the tones. Second best part is essentially exiting the amp/effects gear market for the next 7 or 8 years. (At least that's how I sold the Wife on the "investment".) :)

Cheers!

One thing that upsets me is I have been a repeat customer who purchased 2 AXE FXII XL+ and 2 Axe FXIII units. I have emailed several times, called 2 times and never get a response from my emails or a return phone call from Fractal reps. I understand what we are going through with Covid-19. But a simple return email to answer a simple question is not much to ask.

One thing that upsets me is I have been a repeat customer who purchased 2 AXE FXII XL+ and 2 Axe FXIII units. I have emailed several times, called 2 times and never get a response from my emails or a return phone call from Fractal reps. I understand what we are going through with Covid-19. But a simple return email to answer a simple question is not much to ask.
Reps? Who is that? Do you mean the support team?

Reps as Representatives of the company, such as sales team, support team, whatever you feel is correct ;)

Every support and sales email I’ve sent over like 10 years has always been responded to promptly, and obviously M, Cliff etc are also very present on the forum.

Are you sure the messages didn’t get flagged as spam or something ?

One of my clients who are sourcing dispensers, soap, sanitizer etc, which obviously selling like hot cakes this year recently placed an order. Delivery schedule APRIL!!! o_O
I assume there are plenty of empty shelfs around the world

Back
Top Bottom