What is this 'killswitch/machine gun' effect? (song included)

Georgy

Inspired
Hey Guys,

I had two query's but the first query was resolved.. but I'm still a little puzzled with the second query..

I think it might be a tremolo effect but I'm not 100% sure.. I'm trying to achieve a killswitch/toggle switch/machine gun type sound. I'm sure we've all heard 'that' type of effect in songs before.. here's an example of SLASH'S song Beautiful Dangerous that he did with Fergie.

That particular part that I'm referring starts at around 0.16 mark:

Can anyone recommend which effect that is, maybe even give an example of settings for this effect..?!

Many thanks in advance guys :)

Last edited:
T.B.B. said that this preset comes from Bladlus:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axefx2-collection-thread.39514/#post-539976
Yek's preset colletion is a good source for weird noises:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ion-quantum-7-02-axe-fx-ii-xl-and-blog.89143/
In the "all sounds" link you can download the "Q702-PRESETS-NOGLOBALS" folder. This folder contains 252 presets, from 113 to 124 you have bombs, laser beams, helicopters...lots of fun! Preset 115 is an evolution of bladlus Air Raid preset.
I take this opportunity to thank all the users who upload their presets making this place a great resource just like a modern Alexandria.

Hi OP. If weird sounds are ur thingie, do look these links up. Hope this info helps..

OP edited.. first query resolved..

Still chasing ideas and thoughts for that killswitch effect..

Thanks

I've got a tremolo set up with a square wave for a 'stutter' effect mid solos. I also had a control switch set up to engage a phaser and the tremolo at the same time which could get really close to the sound you're looking for.

Hey Guys,

I had two query's but the first query was resolved.. but I'm still a little puzzled with the second query..

I think it might be a tremolo effect but I'm not 100% sure.. I'm trying to achieve a killswitch/toggle switch/machine gun type sound. I'm sure we've all heard 'that' type of effect in songs before.. here's an example of SLASH'S song Beautiful Dangerous that he did with Fergie.

That particular part that I'm referring starts at around 0.16 mark:

Can anyone recommend which effect that is, maybe even give an example of settings for this effect..?!

Many thanks in advance guys :)

Video blocked by vevo for Europe. I agree....weapons are forbidden here.

Works, sounds like stutter effect (you can do with vol block, hence arpeggiator or phasor...)
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom