What Is The "VOX" Sound?

He's got a whole series of these now, there's one on Tweed amps that was very good too. I've always lived in the digital amp-less world and thus I've never played most of these amps, so these videos are extremely valuable.

I have an AC30, modified to JMI specs., with a Weber Blue Dog and Weber Silver Bell speaker in it. It also has power scaling, which works great and the amp. sounds great too. I recently bought an AC4C1 and had power scaling installed in it as well. Sounds just like it's big brother, only difference is I can lift it without blowing out my hernia!

Last edited:
If I had to pick one amp it would be a Vox for all the reasons he talks about.

(or maybe the Morgan ;-)

...with a Weber Blue Dog and Weber Silver Bell speaker in it.

Oooh. Man, I bet that sounds good! I really regret getting rid of my Blue Dogs. Loved that speaker in my Hot Cat 30. I have a Scumback AlNiCo that is close and sounds great even in an ODS, but it may be closer to the Silver Bell. It's not the same chime I remember with the Blue Dogs.

Love the Vox models (never played a real one) - that rounded off distorted tone is addictive.

Never owned one, but if I'm in a shop checking out guitars (that used to happen, honest), they're often one of the more fun options available.

Oooh. Man, I bet that sounds good! I really regret getting rid of my Blue Dogs. Loved that speaker in my Hot Cat 30. I have a Scumback AlNiCo that is close and sounds great even in an ODS, but it may be closer to the Silver Bell. It's not the same chime I remember with the Blue Dogs.
RedWirez has had a BlueDog IR set for a long time. Bought it years ago for use with an IR player I use in Logic Pro X ;)

RedWirez has had a BlueDog IR set for a long time. Bought it years ago for use with an IR player I use in Logic Pro X ;)
Don't think they sell individual IRs or cabs any more, just larger sets. It's too bad, don't really want a big collection, have too many already, just specific ones that aren't available elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom