What is the "strategy" for obscure parameter adjustment?

AdmiralB

Inspired
Grid excursion was removed from the front panel interface in V10, but left available in the editor. However, there are some parameters (triode hardness, for example), that are available on the front panel, but not in the editor.

What is the "direction" for a one-stop place to be able to get at all parameters? Having to use the front panel for some but requiring the editor for others isn't the most user-friendly setup, so I'd hope that the future will bring all of them together...somewhere.

Pardon the interruption -- Grid Excursion? Per the release notes, I can see that it was removed, but not sure what it is... ?

It's called "Bias Excursion" on AE - I assume it's the degree to which bias voltage (in fixed-bias amps) sags, and the time it takes to recover, when the power supply is hit hard.

I don't really mind which interface is deemed "master" - front panel or software editor - but I sure wish that ONE of them had ALL the parameters. Having to use both is troublesome.

And, as mentioned above, perhaps the next software editor will indeed resolve this. I'm just wondering now if such a direction has been decided upon.

triode hardness is available in the editor. It is in the power section to the left of presence freq.

EDIT - I meant triode grid frequency, not hardness. It's nowhere to be seen in the editor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom