What is the life expectancy for a network cable?

Does your cable smoke or eat unhealthy?

Best bet is to always have a spare one available! ;)

Does your cable smoke or eat unhealthy?

No smoke just vaporize. Eats only gluten free. haha

Best bet is to always have a spare one available! ;)

I always have a backup but was just wondering If I should just replace my main cable with my backup every few months or once a year & then get a new backup.

Regular network cable? Not long if you're wrapping it up and unwrapping. It's stiff because it was mean to be run through conduit and left alone.

I recommend investing in a proper EtherCon-equipped cable from Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: Fractal_Audio

I have an Axe-Fx II Mark I & MFC-101 Mark I, so I can't use EtherCon :-(

I have an Axe-Fx II Mark I & MFC-101 Mark I, so I can't use EtherCon :-(

Same here and planned to make adapters so I could use Ethercon, but now since FAS launching FAS-LINK where you can use standard XLR cables for power/communication between AXE-MFC I am waiting for some adapters to be available to make this upgrade for my MARK 1 AXE and MFC

In the wild they tend to live much longer than in captivity.

I'm working on a project and ended up finding these: Telegärtner - Karl Gärtner GmbH | MFP8 feldkonfektionierbarer RJ45-Steckverbinder

Use those with some Belden AWG26/17 CAT6 patch cord (has to be patch cord so that it has the flexible jacket) and you've got a cable that you can roll up a million times and if the connector gets screwed up you can repair it with a pair of pliers by just cutting the cable back a few inches. Probably set you back about $30 for a cable. I had a source for the connectors that I can scrounge up from work if you are interested. We ended up going a different route because we were using digital audio cable and not CAT6 for this system, but if I had an MFC this is what I'd be using to make up my cable.

EDIT: Thinking about it the cable may be 24/19. I can't remember. I've got the part numbers and specs at work. I think that 26/17 was hard to source or wasn't a flexible jacket or something.

Back
Top Bottom