What is the internal processing resolution?

You're right. I was just trying to say I wasn't clear on whether this was the kind of answer he was looking for. I hope I hit the mark with my answer. If I didn't, please don't interpret that as meaning there was some hidden message in my reply.

Also, I want to apologize if I come across as a "know it all". Those of you familiar with my plugins know I've been working in audio software for a while, so it's just that this an area where I feel I can contribute to the Fractal community.

You’re good, @GlennO. I haven’t had time to dig into your response, but wanted to put a stop to the speculation regarding my motive. Simply put, curiosity and a desire to reconcile statements that, at face value, did not make sense to me (and still don’t).

I’ll be back with some specific questions and maybe some test data! Then again, I just might want to play my guitar in my free time.

Last edited:
This whole thread reinforces something I figured out years ago... one never really knows whom one is communicating with on a forum thread until that person "outs" themselves. You then resemble some form of shell, realizing that you really didn't know much about the topic anyway
:)

There's ALWAYS someone more knowledgeable than you.
Point being.. be nice !! (not that folks on this thread were not) :)

I got lost after the 2nd post !!

</end_ramble>

This whole thread reinforces something I figured out years ago... one never really knows whom one is communicating with on a forum thread until that person "outs" themselves. You then resemble some form of shell, realizing that you really didn't know much about the topic anyway
:)

There's ALWAYS someone more knowledgeable than you.
Point being.. be nice !! (not that folks on this thread were not) :)

I got lost after the 2nd post !!

</end_ramble>

Yep; same for guitar players. Someone is always better than you. ;)

I still use Trillian quite a bit, best upright bass sample set on the market. Even though I have a ton of other VA’s some of the analog synth samples in Trillian just work really well and I end up using those too

That all said, treat everyone as equals, regardless if they play stadiums or bedrooms, develop commercial releases or code for fun. We are all musicians with similar passions at the end of the day, and that makes us all far more similar than anything else.

While far beyond my level of knowledge, Chris from Airwindows argues that even 32-bit floating point dither should be used for internal processing: http://www.airwindows.com/ditherfloat/
He is a dithering master - best dithers I've ever heard. Pauldither and Notjustanotherdither are amazing, and free! I use his 24 bit dithers all the time and it clearly sounds better with, than without.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom