What is the equivalent of an amp's STANDBY switch on the Axe-Fx?

The input has a limiter on it...you're not going to damage anything by the input not being muted when you unplug your cables and if the output is muted you and your audience aren't going to hear it...so what is your concern if it's not damage to the unit or the noise?

I have a buddy that guitar techs for me and I have the Line6 G90 with 4 transmitters on different channels so when I change guitars he switches the channel on the wireless to the next guitar when he hands it to me. Works great. We just leave all the transmitters on and switch between channels. No noise whatsoever between changes.

So... I should order the sound guy to turn off his whole stage PA, before unplugging the Axe FX? Don't think that's very convenient.

So... I should order the sound guy to turn off his whole stage PA, before unplugging the Axe FX? Don't think that's very convenient.

No...most mixers have a channel mute on every channel...just have him press the mute on your channel (or channels if you run stereo). If their mixer doesn't have a channel mute, just have him turn your faders all the way off. :)

Plus if you do original music and you're not famous or you're not playing covers chances are your sound guy is probably getting paid a lot more for the night than you will be (he'll walk out the door with at least $50 to $100 in his pocket while you're fighting the club owner for a couple of drink tickets and a few bucks)...don't be afraid to ask him to do his job. ;)

Last edited:
Lately I use Planet Wave cables with the on/off switch for all my gear so I can mute the cable on my end and plug/unplug anything I use since the sound guys usually aren't paying any attention.

Back
Top Bottom