What is the effect?

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
at 0:45 of this song, theres a swell in guitar that has a vibrato type effect on it that I'm trying to replicate. I've gotten close with a fast, high mix/high depth phaser but it's still not right. would a trem be better??

I hear some kind of chimey rotary. almost like a rotary with crystals. it's kind of organ like, lots or reverb, not much spread width. stuff like that.

Sounds to me almost like a mixture of trem going into an MTD Plex Shift (or the Pitch Shift Crystals) with a touch of Chorus, and Reverb. I'll try experiment with that a bit later (if the kids allow).

is it possible hes just tremolo picking with a super heavy reverb? cause there is a few points that sound like the same ethereal sound just without the additional beats that could of been the picking action.

I believe this is possibly both a keyboard and guitar in the studio version. I've viewed several clips on YouTube and have yet to hear a live version where they reproduce the exact same effect, though I did notice they use a keyboard (Roland?) for many of their live sets. At the Catalyst West show in 2011, for example, neither guitarist was playing at one point yet I could hear (what sounded like) a synth in the background.

Back
Top Bottom