What is the effect in this song? Hush remake

Tplesko

Inspired
The rhythm guitar or bass has a reverberating tone or delay to it. You can hear it right at the :10-:12 mark clearly. I've also hear something similar in Legs by ZZ Top.

Any help appreciated - this is for a 2 guitar band and I am playing rhythm on this tune and would like to see if we could nail it. What effect is that and can it be played on guitar?

Thanks in advance,

sounds like quad tracked guitar to me. two playing the chords and two playing 16ths underneath. in a two guitar band one dude can play the chords and the other play the 16ths

on the ztop tunes, it was a sequenced synth playing the pulse

Sounds like a synth to me. 16th note staccato pattern.

Bingo! My thoughts as well mr_f. Sounds like a synth to me too as well as a HAAS effect guitar intro. It has no differentiation between the two guitar parts. It's near impossible to play both parts that spot on to where it sounds like the two players are perfectly in time. Our Enhance effect nails that sound perfectly.

What are we nuts? Who cares about guitars and sounds...that chic is sickness! My fiance even wants to do her! LOL! A little skinny....kinda have issues with those runway model types. Dated too many in the past. You can't hug 'em, you can't touch 'em without them cryin' about something...and when you do hug 'em you feel like you're gonna break them in half. If I want bones, I'll go dig up a skeleton from one of my ex's. LOL! ;)

Bingo! My thoughts as well mr_f. Sounds like a synth to me too as well as a HAAS effect guitar intro. It has no differentiation between the two guitar parts. It's near impossible to play both parts that spot on to where it sounds like the two players are perfectly in time. Our Enhance effect nails that sound perfectly.

What are we nuts? Who cares about guitars and sounds...that chic is sickness! My fiance even wants to do her! LOL! A little skinny....kinda have issues with those runway model types. Dated too many in the past. You can't hug 'em, you can't touch 'em without them cryin' about something...and when you do hug 'em you feel like you're gonna break them in half. If I want bones, I'll go dig up a skeleton from one of my ex's. LOL! ;)
Hi Danny, thanks for the info! Using Enhancer helps but do you have a way to use synth to get those staccato 16th reverberations? Any help appreciated,

Hi Danny, thanks for the info! Using Enhancer helps but do you have a way to use synth to get those staccato 16th reverberations? Any help appreciated,

I don't know how you'd do that at the same time. It could probably be done....hmm, something for me to experiment with. You'd need to create a synth block and try to mimic what the Gothard synth is doing. What sucks is...it's hard to hear what sound the synth is actually playing. But from there...the synth would be down the middle in your pan field when you set up your effects chain....and your guitar signal would have to be set up so the drive signal is panned wide.

I don't think you'll be able to do this because you may encounter a little latency between the synth block and your guitar sound. Like...the synth may hit AFTER the guitar a few ms. Not sure you could do this in real time with the Axe Fx. You could do it with a Roland Synth for sure....as that is geared for that sort of thing. But, I can't sell the Axe Fx short...it may be possible. I don't do any synth stuff with it, so I can't really tell you, Tplesko. If I get a few spare minutes, I'll see if I can find out anything for you...but I'm sure one of the sound guru guys around here will answer you as they know better than I do. Sorry. :(

I don't know how you'd do that at the same time. It could probably be done....hmm, something for me to experiment with. You'd need to create a synth block and try to mimic what the Gothard synth is doing. What sucks is...it's hard to hear what sound the synth is actually playing. But from there...the synth would be down the middle in your pan field when you set up your effects chain....and your guitar signal would have to be set up so the drive signal is panned wide.

I don't think you'll be able to do this because you may encounter a little latency between the synth block and your guitar sound. Like...the synth may hit AFTER the guitar a few ms. Not sure you could do this in real time with the Axe Fx. You could do it with a Roland Synth for sure....as that is geared for that sort of thing. But, I can't sell the Axe Fx short...it may be possible. I don't do any synth stuff with it, so I can't really tell you, Tplesko. If I get a few spare minutes, I'll see if I can find out anything for you...but I'm sure one of the sound guru guys around here will answer you as they know better than I do. Sorry. :(
All good man, I truly appreciate the response and any effort. Thanks!!!!

There was no audio the first time I watched it. \m/

Oh, and to the OP. Sounds like a synth to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom