What is the difference between two presets?

bluesk165

Inspired
Hi, Friends,

I've made many presets with AXE FXII and use Hybrid earphone(good!!!).

I found some presets make clip or not, of course it comes from INPUT LEVEL and(OR) OUTPUT LEVEL.

Here, I have a question, some preset don't make red CLIP even it is more louder then another one which make red CLIP.

Pls give me a light ........

a patch may be quieter overall, but it may be peaking more. the overload lights will react to peak level, not RMS level

patches may peak more because they're more dynamic, or because a particular frequency has too much gain

so is what i said incorrect, cliff? or are we just saying the same thing in two different ways? do the overload lights react to peak level, or something else? school me, sensei

so is what i said incorrect, cliff? or are we just saying the same thing in two different ways? do the overload lights react to peak level, or something else? school me, sensei

Same thing. The technical term is PAR. PAR is the ratio of the peak value to the RMS value. A sine wave has a PAR of 3 dB. Gaussian noise has a PAR of around 10 dB. A typical music signal is probably around 10-20 dB. When you distort you reduce the PAR.

The clip lights are necessarily peak indicators as you want to know when you are exceeding full-scale.

the preset is clipping because it's basically too loud, but it kinda depends on what sound you're using. a clean sound is much more dynamic than a distorted one and has bigger peaks. this can be solved by placing a compressor after the cab to squash the peaks slightly and stop them overloading the output. some distorted sounds overload - especially when palm muting - because they have too much bass. simply using the graphic eq in the amp block can solve it, or even lowering the low res frequency in the speaker page of the amp block. sometimes changing the IR for one with less bottom end can do it, or reducing the proximity parameter if you're using a mic sim in the cab IR.

the simplest thing to do is just reduce the volume of the patch by lowering the amp level by a few db

we don't know anything about your patch, so it's difficult to say at this point. if you're not sure what to do, attach the patch to this thread and we can have a look for you.

Wow ! Thanks for very kindneeeeest answer.
I think one of your solution will do. specially clean sound, you bet.
I will print it and use when I set my presets up !

Everybody thank you !!!

Back
Top Bottom