What is the Best/Proper way to use a Piezo-equipped electric guitar with Acoustic IR's in the Axe III?

SinglecutGuy

Inspired
Title pretty much says it all, I have a PRS P22 (with Piezo) that I'd like to set up with an "Acoustic" preset for live use, utilizing just the Piezo output of the guitar, and I have some acoustic IR's that another member posted here a week or so back, that I'd like to use as the IR for this purpose. Ultimately, I think what I would like to do, is have a Scene saved for the Acoustic Piezo on the guitar, and then other scenes on the preset for when I switch back to the electric pickups, but that's down the road.

As far as the blocks in the preset, what's the best or proper method for doing just the Piezo pickup with an Acoustic IR? Is it just doing In -> Cab -> Out? Using the IR in the Cab slot? I know I can add EQ/Comp/Reverb/ etc, I'm not concerned with that just yet. Just the basics of, how to do it with the Piezo.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

I use the Tube pre amp block for some general tone shaping, setup after the cab/IR loader with the acoustic IR. I believe the IR loader uses a little less CPU. My most recent acoustic preset (still working on it) also uses the multiband comp in front of the acoustic IR to get the overall envelope closer to what I expect from an acoustic guitar; I find that real acoustics (even running just a piezo signal) have less sustain after the initial attack compared to electrics with a piezo. At the moment I'm clamping down more on the lows and highs, but with a longer attack time so there is still some initial pick attack. And a virtual capo set to an octave up an ~30 mix for the faux twelve string sounds.

With that, there's still enough CPU to setup an electric chain as well in the same preset.

Back
Top Bottom