What is the best Cab pack for the Friedman BE/HBE ?

slashy

Inspired
I think all is in the question.I search a very good Cab Pack to work perfectly with the Friedman BE/HBE.
For medium to high gain.Thank you in advance.

Totally depends on your taste. Do you like the V30's or GB's ?

What are your favorite factory cabs ? There are samples of pretty much all the major releases in the Axe ? If for example you like IR #54, then you'd probably like the variety of Marshall's in the actual pack. If on the other hand you like the ML v30 loaded Mesa IR's, then Cab Pack 7 would be up your alley

I don't know if there's a best and I don't own them all, but the two Misha Mansoor packs were designed with Misha using an HBE as his primary amp model. And no, you don't have to djent to get the best out of them. They sound great in a variety of situations. I'm sure there are other packs that would work great too.

The HBE is probably the most versatile amp sim in the unit. It can do anything from djent to crunch to country to rock to clean. I personally test all my IR's on that amp sim since it's my favorite. :)

Check the Fractal Cab Pack store for all the descriptions. Are you a Mesa, Marshall, Orange, EVH or Bogner etc. guy?

Thank for the reply.
I like the combinaison of V30 and Greenback.
Exactely like the Friedman Cab in 4X12. 2V30 and 2greenbacks.
This is why i ask, which cab seem to approach this configuration.

Last edited:
Yes nice guide, if i follow your advice and guide,the Cab 14 seem being the good ! isn't it ?I like Royer and SM57, just because i know them very well in real.

Reactions: yek
Thank for the reply.

Your likely going to need to blend 2 IR's then to get that sound, either in something like Cab Lab, or using two cab blocks or stereo blocks. I don't think there are any IR's that can really do the sound of a cab loaded with 2 types of speakers, since each IR is basically of a given speaker, with a given mic type, close mic'd.

There are some IR's that blend two mic types, but I'm not aware of any that blend 2 different speakers, though I could be wrong.

Either way, stereo cab or Cab Lab is ideal for blending together two different IR's to get your own custom tone.

Sounds to me like a good solution is a Stereo Cab block, with 2 different IRs in it... one of each of the preferred speaker type.

Thank for the reply.

Cab Pack 10. The "4x12 Fractal" cab has that same configuration.

Plenty of stock IR"s sound great with HBE, darn near everything but darker cabs do! Find Mark Day's stuff

I was lucky enough to be one of the OH/Vahella contest winners. I got the Mesa ST pack, just last night I was jamming one of the modern mixes from the quick start folder. I couldn't stop playing.

I think OwnHammer's Marsh-UK Multi-Cabinet Collection would be something to look into. I think that that pack works well with a lot of British voiced amps.

The HBE is probably the most versatile amp sim in the unit. It can do anything from djent to crunch to country to rock to clean. I personally test all my IR's on that amp sim since it's my favorite. :)

lol ... :D damn ... you too?

Check the Fractal Cab Pack store for all the descriptions. Are you a Mesa, Marshall, Orange, EVH or Bogner etc. guy?

I believe he is a Friedman guy .... ;) so... that`s, what Mr. Friedman says about voicing his amps to a specific Cabinet type... :

( Minute 5.05 - minute 5.35 )

english cabinet with re-issue greenbacks ... from the nineties ... hmmmm ... sorry, but exactly this one match his answer ... lol

Last edited:
lol ... :D damn ... you too?

I believe he is a Friedman guy .... ;) so... that`s, what Mr. Friedman says about voicing his amps to a specific Cabinet type... :

( Minute 5.05 - minute 5.35 )

english cabinet with re-issue greenbacks ... from the nineties ... hmmmm ... sorry, but exactly this one match his answer ... lol

hahaha, definitely the right answer......:)

Back
Top Bottom