What is the best advice to all axe owners?

Best advice is to be independently wealthy before you turn the thing on.

You won't want to drag yourself away from it to go to work. There have been many times that I couldn't remember the last time I took a break to even feed myself.

I've seriously considered keeping a bucket in the studio to pee in!

Build your own presets, get good fr fr speakers (weakest link theory), try new amps and cabs, thrash till death....:)

Honestly best advice is don't get caught Amp and cab "shopping" to many people spend endless time tweaking and exploring that they never actually get to some playing. There are way amps and cabs then you need just pick a hand full and go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not overcook your beef...

Or your pork. For all intents and purposes, trichinosis has been eliminated in the US, outside of under-cooked bear meat. You don't have to incinerate pork to make it safe anymore. Get it to 140°F and it's good to go.

If you go directly to FOH, make sure to test this berfore your first axe-fx gig!! Have heard horrible-ness from bands that have their own perfect sound in their in-ear, but when they plugged to to mixer, all thee rest of us heards were muddy, thin tones.

IMO the most important part of my sound are the cab blocks! Playing around w these goes a looooong way!! Reg amps, the USA PRE's sounds amazing, though they do need a lot o tweeking. A/B tested between my triaxis and Fractalwhen dialing in my tone, and I doubt I will ever find use for my triaxis again.

I'm surprised more players don't use wireless units. Aside from not tripping over cords, they free you up to wander around and hear how things sound. So many FOH operators park behind the board without wandering around themselves to hear how things sound. I know they have a lot on their plate, but still. They're presenting a product.

Back
Top Bottom