What is that On Axe-Edit screen "GLOBAL" button?

bluesk165

Inspired
Hi, friends,

I have a question about Axe-Edit.

What is that on Axe-Edit screen with Reverb Block at bottom right side "GLOBAL" button?

It turns yellow light on when I press it.

Global Button.jpg

GLOBAL MIX – This switch determines whether or not the MIX setting of the selected effect will be subject to an offset (+/- 50%) applied using the global EFFECTS MIX parameter (p. 136).
This feature is provided so you can design presets with the built-in ability for one-touch mix compensation in playing environments that require more or less wet mix. It is offered on the following effect block types:
Delay Chorus Feedback Return Flanger
Formant Megatap Delay Multi Delay Phaser
Pitch Quad Chorus Resonator Reverb
Ring Mod Rotary Synth Vocoder

It lets you set the mix value to be controlled by the Global "Reverb Mix" parameter under the GLOBAL menu on the AxeFx unit itself. It's a handy way to dial up or down the wetness of ALL your patches from one dial on the GLOBAL menu. So if you play a small space, you can dial it up, but if you end up outdoors or something where a really wet mix would be bad, you can dial it back.

Global menu - Axe-Fx II Wiki

It's a relative control. The actual mix value in the patch is adjusted relative to your setting Reverb Mix parameter, relative to your settings.

This is a very good feature. What sounds good in at home or in the studio is usually way too wet for live use. This lets you easily adjust several fx mixes with one setting. Reminds me of the 50% rule in photo editing. You adjust it until you think it looks good and then you go back 50%. Keep you from going too far with edits and making photos look fake or doctored. Same rule can apply for audio editing, effects, mixing, etc. It's easy to go overboard with effects, especially when they sound really good.

Back
Top Bottom