What is it about the OH Bogner 2x12 Fane UR IR?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
What is it about the TAF (or is it OH?) Bogner 2x12 Fane UR IR that makes me like it so much (it's one of the "bonus" IRs included in the FW)?

I'm using it in the template for all my presets... All the other IRs I try sound nice but seem thing in the top end by comparison.

Anybody got a frequency analyzer they can put on that bad boy to see what is so different from other IRs?

Opinions welcome!

EDIT: I think it's OH, not TAF...

Kevin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my go to IR as well when I experiment with the amps in my AxeFx. I sometimes end up with another one, but often it's the Bogner that makes the final cut.

Try it with the AC-15 model and the Morgan AC-20 model!

That's my go to IR as well when I experiment with the amps in my AxeFx. I sometimes end up with another one, but often it's the Bogner that makes the final cut.

Try it with the AC-15 model and the Morgan AC-20 model!

Yep... AC20, Buttery, Roamer, Ruby Rocket, Atomic, DC30. Great for breaking-up cleans.

I also use it with Triptik Modern and HRM Lead Mod for solos [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it about the TAF (or is it OH?) Bogner 2x12 Fane UR IR that makes me like it so much (it's one of the "bonus" IRs included in the FW)?

Is this the OH_212_bog-sh_fn-42_studio-modern?

Sorry but my question is probably a stupid one, and I'll kick myself when I get the answer. I've got the latest FW (17.02 at the time of typing this) and I can't find that cab. Can you guys steer me in the right direction please?

Thanks a mil!

Sorry but my question is probably a stupid one, and I'll kick myself when I get the answer. I've got the latest FW (17.02 at the time of typing this) and I can't find that cab. Can you guys steer me in the right direction please?

Thanks a mil!

It's there in the firmware download. You'll need to load it to a user cab of course. This is a killer sounding cab as others have said!!!

It's there in the firmware download. You'll need to load it to a user cab of course. This is a killer sounding cab as others have said!!!

Thanks, I don't want to hijack this thread, but when I extract the zip for the firmware download I get the axefx2_xl_17p02.syx file and 4 pdfs. I had used Fractal Bot to update my Axe with axefx2_xl_17p02.syx which has worked fine. So to get the bonus cab, when I try load axefx2_xl_17p02.syx to a user cab then Axe Edit says 0 cabs found. Sorry about the dumb questions, what am I doing wrong? :eek-new:

Thanks, I don't want to hijack this thread, but when I extract the zip for the firmware download I get the axefx2_xl_17p02.syx file and 4 pdfs. I had used Fractal Bot to update my Axe with axefx2_xl_17p02.syx which has worked fine. So to get the bonus cab, when I try load axefx2_xl_17p02.syx to a user cab then Axe Edit says 0 cabs found. Sorry about the dumb questions, what am I doing wrong? :eek-new:

I think this is a difference between XL and non-XL firmware, maybe.

I don't have an XL... In my firmware zip there is a folder with IRs in it in addition to the sysx file (which is the firmware file).

I think this is a difference between XL and non-XL firmware, maybe.

I don't have an XL... In my firmware zip there is a folder with IRs in it in addition to the sysx file (which is the firmware file).

You sir, are a genius! :D I downloaded the non-XL firmware and the folder is there. Thanks for solving this one for me, am looking forward to trying out this cab now. :)

You sir, are a genius! :D I downloaded the non-XL firmware and the folder is there. Thanks for solving this one for me, am looking forward to trying out this cab now. :)

Yeah - if you don't have an XL, make sure you don't try to load the XL firmware... and vice-versa... I guess you don't have an XL because I think the XL includes these as part of the actual FW and not as user cabs.

Yeah - if you don't have an XL, make sure you don't try to load the XL firmware... and vice-versa... I guess you don't have an XL because I think the XL includes these as part of the actual FW and not as user cabs.

Tbh I thought so too, I do have an XL but couldn't find a cab by that name after the update. I definitely updated with the correct FW, and can't find any reference in the release notes. Still, I've only had the Axe-Fx for 3 weeks so it wouldn't surprise me if I've missed something obvious.

Tbh I thought so too, I do have an XL but couldn't find a cab by that name after the update. I definitely updated with the correct FW, and can't find any reference in the release notes. Still, I've only had the Axe-Fx for 3 weeks so it wouldn't surprise me if I've missed something obvious.

UPDATE: I was obviously having a late night, I found the original patches in my XL cab list (preset #143). it had a 'slightly' different name to what I was filtering on which is why I didn't think it was there. :) Thanks for the help!

Thanks for turning me onto this cab. I love Fane speakers and this ir is very versatile. i have been pairing it up with this ir on one sode and an amp factory vustom blend on the other side and the results are massive sounding.

Back
Top Bottom