What input level should I use for my DI signal into my soundcard?

Brock

Experienced
My soundcard's control panel has the options -10dBV, +4dBu and Lo Gain. Which of these should I use for the (analog) DI'd signal from the Axe-Fx? It seems +4dBu gives the highest levels.

Ah ok. Axe Outputs are pro line level (+4 dBu), so use that. Also, turn the front panel output knob up all the way for Out 2. That should keep unity gain for the DI signal. Then feeding it back to the Axe II via the rear input should keep your guitar level on the Axe the same if all the levels in your DAW are left at 0 dB (unity gain). It will likely be a somewhat weak signal depending on how hot your pickups are.

You can also select 'Input' as your USB out. This allows you to monitor using a preset but only capture the dry input. and the levels are untouched for re-Amping later.

You can also select 'Input' as your USB out. This allows you to monitor using a preset but only capture the dry input. and the levels are untouched for re-Amping later.
Thanks - I don't record at 48K though so I don't use the USB audio.

Understood:cool:

My DAW converts on the fly when working with an older project that was started at 44.1K. I started using 48K since getting the Axe-Fx just to make it simple.

I hope the Axe Fx 3 one day can record at 96k, I don't take advantage of recording direct because of the 48k which I never use.

Back
Top Bottom