What if?! Two Axe FX 3's - one for left and one for right monitor

Megadebt

Experienced
What do you think?

Could use a mimiq doubler pedal

might be fun

...might hell, I think it would be awesome!

Maybe awesome once it is set up, I could only imagine how hard it would be to set up multiple presets and controllers.

Would need 2 Axefx to replicate exactly, the Brian May thing with 3 Vox Amps (middle dry, L/R wet with stereo chorus and different L/R pitch shift).

Would need 2 Axefx to replicate exactly, the Brian May thing with 3 Vox Amps (middle dry, L/R wet with stereo chorus and different L/R pitch shift).

A single Axe Fx 3 will do that without breaking a sweat. In fact that's exactly how I run mine. Full wet/dry/wet with dry In the middle and stereo left/right on the bookends, all with one axe fx 3. Of course you need 3 separate amplifier channels to run it through. I use a Fryette Power Station for my center dry channel, and a Duncan Power Stage 700 for my left and right wet channels. Sounds glorious. And I still have 2 full sets of I/O left for a guest guitar or bass player to use.

A single Axe Fx 3 will do that without breaking a sweat. In fact that's exactly how I run mine. Full wet/dry/wet with dry In the middle and stereo left/right on the bookends, all with one axe fx 3. Of course you need 3 separate amplifier channels to run it through. I use a Fryette Power Station for my center dry channel, and a Duncan Power Stage 700 for my left and right wet channels. Sounds glorious. And I still have 2 full sets of I/O left for a guest guitar or bass player to use.
Afaik Brian May uses stereo chorus/pitch effects into the L/R AC30s - so, in his w/d/w all 3 vox amps are pushing/reacting differently and completely separately - to do this precisely in Fractalland 3 ac30 amp blocks would be needed (therefore 2 Axefx). Not worth the effort imo as what you describe probably gets 98% of the way there using 1/2 the resouces, but, if Brian May approached Fractal to replicate his rig, I'd bet he would not compromise on this 2% and I don't see how they would accomodate him without a 2x Axefx unit solution given only 2 active amps are available simultaneously in current fw

Back
Top Bottom