AFIII What If Shawn Lane played on Don't Stop Believin?

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
Tonight I went from trying to copy the amazing tone of Neal Schon, to then wondering what would it sound like if one of the greatest guitar players to ever live, Shawn Lane, played a quick little solo at the end of Don’t Stop Believin! I was envisioning his ending solo to Gray Pianos Flying, and this is what I came up with! All the guitars you hear are me, lead guitar here is being played live with my Suhr Modern into my Axe-Fx III. Backing track I found on YouTube. What is everyone else playing while quarantined?

My brain immediately went to "that would sound cool with a harmonized line under it."

Doubtless it would be mostly a breeze with chops like that....

Tonight I went from trying to copy the amazing tone of Neal Schon, to then wondering what would it sound like if one of the greatest guitar players to ever live, Shawn Lane, played a quick little solo at the end of Don’t Stop Believin! I was envisioning his ending solo to Gray Pianos Flying, and this is what I came up with! All the guitars you hear are me, lead guitar here is being played live with my Suhr Modern into my Axe-Fx III. Backing track I found on YouTube. What is everyone else playing while quarantined?

[/QUO
That dude was so unbelievable!!! He was one of the nicest and kindest person I had ever known.

Thanks Leon!
I was about to say "not enough notes"... Then the notes kicked in! :)
Had to build up to the overwhelming number of notes :tearsofjoy:
...and then

SRSLY, tho, great playing!

Thank you!
My brain immediately went to "that would sound cool with a harmonized line under it."

Doubtless it would be mostly a breeze with chops like that....
Ooh, I've got time, maybe I'll try that today!

Back
Top Bottom