Wish What if GREEN were RED (or 6 was 9) ...

plyall

Power User
First of all, props to the user who selected the clever username 666was999 :eagerness:

But seriously - I have been conditioned to think that RED means things are ACTIVE, HOT, LIVE, ARMED, RECORDING, and even READY TO FIRE (ex-missile geek here)... The MFC-101 adopts the opposite philosophy - GREEN means 'go'. I get it, but I wish it was the other way around - GREEN means AVAILABLE and RED means "IT'S ALIVE!!!". There is a setting in the MFC-101 that will allow enabling bypassed blocks as being either GREEN or OFF (8 presses left in the MFC-101 SETUP menu), but you can't actually invert RED for GREEN.

It seems like a simple option to tweak in the MFC-101 code... would it be POSSIBLE to add this to the MFC as an option ?

Thanks so much for having a gander, and I dearly hope you consider it...

And always remember, Fractal Audio - we've got your 9!

P.S. Merry Xmas

Good idea. Useless for me personally, but it seems like it would be incredibly easy to implement, so why not?
-
Austin

Nah. Red means STOP! (at a red light, you're not going, but your engine is running, and motion is available).

Green means GO!

Off means DEAD (not available, no matter what you do). :)

Merry Xmas back to you aswell! Great to see someone sharing my own personal time zone!

Well, there's a color blind option for the MFC available somewhere (I guess G66 offers it at special request) that uses yellow and blue LEDs instead of red and green.
Maybe that's something for you? ;)

It's not quite what you want, but cool nonetheless.

PS: Posted just for the sake of using BB code colors.

Back
Top Bottom