What Ideas/Concepts/Tutorials to cover in YouTube videos?

How to divide front panel, axe edit, and mfc function controls amongst your three Playboy Playmates!

Gain staging.

not sure if this was a joke, but i did a video regarding this that many enjoyed:

Preset Gain-Staging and Preventing Internal Clipping – Axe-FX II : Katsu Kuri Media Blog

i have planned to do videos on many of the topics mentioned in this thread (and from a previous thread like this from me), but i've been very busy launching a new retail store for a client. i hope to have time to make few videos. the good thing is, you could have 3 different videos from different people on the exact same topic, and they will all be beneficial, as long as the information is correct of course.

Here is a rough outline that I did in ten minutes. Make each video segment between 4:00 and 15: minutes in small chunks. Release them as a series and make it fun and entertaining. Keeping it short makes them precise and to the point. breaking them up makes them a weekend watch or a pre purchase anticipatory excitement study of what they are buying. I stopped at MFC but you could go on and on. Make the whole thing 5 hrs long in total and you will have a fan base for life. Once the new unit arises re do it or update it by doing what has changed.

Its a lot of work, but has been needing to be done for a real long time. the fact is that most people are visual learners.

Fractal Audio Sylabus

1. A history of modeling technology, what is it and where did it start. A brief history lesson
  2. What is a FractaAudio AXE-FX II, History of the company, designer/Owner information.
  3. Different Components of the AXE-FX Front and Back. What do the Knobs and jacks do specifically.
  4. OS, explain the front panel os, the grid system.
    1. Show how to move through the grid. What knobs can you use to move around within the os.
    2. Explain a preset, how to save, and how to backup internally.
    3. Explain how to use a modifier
    4. Explain how to use an arpegiator
    5. Explain how to use an LFO
    6. Etc--
  5. Explain the Different effects
  6. Modulation type
  7. Pitch type
  8. EQ type
  9. Delay type
  10. Drive type

1. Explain the different Amps
    1. What is an amp
    2. What are the controls and what does each do in detail
    3. How do I use the advanced features within the unit
    4. What can id do to make a simple amp sound like
      1. Country
      2. Rock
      3. Jazz
      4. Rap
      5. Reggae
      6. etc
  2. Explain Cab simulation, History of IR technology what is it and where did it come from
    1. What is an IR
    2. What type of IR can I use in the AXE-FX II
    3. What are the controls in the Cab block what do they mean and how can I benefit from tweaking certain things to make it better.
    4. How do I mix 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party IRS
    5. Etc
  3. How does Fractal Bot work
  4. Install and setup
  5. Tabs,
  6. What does each function do and how do you do it.
  7. Install setup
  8. How does the grid system work
  9. How do I create a simple patch
  10. How do I add a block
  11. How does AXE-EDIT 3.0 work
    1. Serial connection how and why
    2. Parallel connection how and why
  12. How do I save
  13. Etc
  14. MFC 101 etc
[/

So,if you could have that to me by the end of the day that would be great. :)

It is great you are going to do this.

Ideally, work your way through the manual and do a video on every section in it. Don't forget to do videos for all the new things that aren't in the manual yet.

Lots of great videos already out there from Chris and also from Bernd Kiltz.

KKMmusic - YouTube

AxeFx & MFC Videos English - YouTube

Looking forward to any new videos you or others do. They really are a great help.

I'd like to know how to set the gates properly for different types of sounds.

I'd also like to know more about how to set the compression and multi-band compression.

Series vs parallel effects.

Setting up for in ears.

Setting up for stereo direct to mains, and also a set up on stage with Axe, cabs, and power amp, at the same time.

How to build presets that sound good going to front of house, on stage, and also direct for recording at the same time.

Videos on all the advanced parameters in the amp block.

There are tons of tutorial videos I'd love to see done by someone eventually.

not sure if this was a joke, but i did a video regarding this that many enjoyed:

Preset Gain-Staging and Preventing Internal Clipping – Axe-FX II : Katsu Kuri Media Blog

i have planned to do videos on many of the topics mentioned in this thread (and from a previous thread like this from me), but i've been very busy launching a new retail store for a client. i hope to have time to make few videos. the good thing is, you could have 3 different videos from different people on the exact same topic, and they will all be beneficial, as long as the information is correct of course.

Just want to say that I REALLY appreciate your videos. You give the most comprehensive and complete tutorials regarding the axe on the web. I don't even have an axe yet, but you'll be a critical part in helping ease the transition. Kudos!

Ben

Firmware updating and preset updating using fractal bot, for both pc and mac. I know there are already some informative vids already, but I'm talking about from absolute scratch. Starting from flipping the laptop open, every button click, every single step in precisely the right order. I'm fine with v9.02, but until such a video is made, I don't ever forsee updating.

Back
Top Bottom