What I Learnt from Pete and the Benefit of Artist Packs (for me)

In all my years since the beginning with the Ultra : My Recording and Live sounds are the SAME !!!
And in both cases I know that both the studio engineer & live engineer have the eq set flat most of the times.....if necessary sometimes :Max the low-cut 100hz....they don't dial in / out any mids and stuff.....I will post a song soon with preset which I use live too.....all this works fine for me , might not work for somebody else of course...;)

Me too. I have been playing FRFR several years before the Axe-FX Standard, and what did sound well at the studio and at the rehearsal room (mixed with the other instruments) perfectly translated to the stage PA (directly to console, flat EQ). Sound engineers that were used to deal miking monster amps, back in the 80's, did appreciate it a lot.

@yek What are the most common amp adjustments you would make between recorded and live tones?

Depends on how you use your device. Pete's presets were designed for recording. I wouldn't want to use them unaltered at high volume levels through my CLRs.

Also stuff like Gain Enhancer may be familiar to us forum members, but the average user probably doesn't even know it exists.

Back
Top Bottom