What hypothetical/non-existent FAS product would you actually buy?

Which non-existent FAS product would you actually buy?

• FM0 (no footswitches)

• FM6

• FM9

• FM12

• FM16

• FM3 (actual product, soon to be released)

• Guitar modeler (eg pickups, scale length, impedance, magnetic field, caps etc)

• Modeler with Hexaphonic pickup support (eg VG-99, gr55

• Axe FX 4 with 3 amps, more synth options etc

• FX only unit (eg FX8ii)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am always on the lookout for an excellent guitar / bass modeler. I am not averse to the 13-pin connection, but am not tied to it either. I just want to convincingly create tracks and performances for various models of (electric and acoustic) guitars and basses using one physical instrument (controller).

You're missing a back-pack for the FM3 and FC6 with room for cables and a couple of EV2s!
That would be my next instant buy!

The next one would be a carry bag for the FC 12 with room for a couple of EV1s! Yeah!

I’d be all over an Axe Four with 4 amps, 2 looper blocks, and enough horsepower to run reverbs and cab pres on high, as well as mix some irs at the same time, with some power to spare. Sign me up! :cool:

I voted FM12 because the only way I could see moving off the Axe 3 would be for something in a single unit with a similar switch layout to AX8.

I don’t really see the point of a poll like this unless it’s actually coming from FAS, and I’m sure they have plenty of things already planned out, or things they absolutely wont do, to which it seems what I vote or don’t vote for would be meaningless....

I went with the hexaphonic option. I’d be interested in a stereo unit like a PowerCab. Class D (or later) amps, lightweight, power amp and/or cab modeling.

Reactions: jon
I don’t really see the point of a poll like this unless it’s actually coming from FAS, and I’m sure they have plenty of things already planned out, or things they absolutely wont do, to which it seems what I vote or don’t vote for would be meaningless....

Cool, that's your opinion :)

Moving on....

It's pretty surprising what products people are expressing interest in so far though.....polls always surprise me.....I have an inventor buddy who always puts out cool ideas and products, but when he does a poll to see what people actually want it's usually way off..... not that it always changes the end product, but it's always surprising to see what people actually want/think

A 1x12” powered combo amplifier with a “FRFR” coaxial driver, the guts of the FM3, and an included FC-3 footswitch.

What I would like right now is an Axe III in a floorboard setup. Just like the Helix rack is the same in performance to the floorboard. No more of this souped up rack powerhouses and a heavily stripped down floorboard unit.

Guitar modeler with hex-pickup. I don't know how far and accurate it would be possible to go with regular pickups. Specially with the alternate tuning and intelligent poly-harmonizer, one of my favorite features of the VG-99. You can even assign pitch-bending to individual strings, like playing a chord and twisting the tuning pegs

If I were a billionaire, I would happily put money on FAS for the development, without return :cool:

Last edited:
- FM-x where x is a non negative integer less than or equal to 12.

- The Delay & Multidelay algorithms rolled into a dedicated stompbox would be killer (similarly for the Reverb and Plex block). A bit of a moot point for anyone already using a FAS product but there are scores of players using amp/pedal setups who could bask in the glory of FAS time based effects.

- LB-1

A Fractal head could be cool, kinda like a modern version of the Line 6 Vetta heads. Might be more approachable for guitarists who don’t do rack gear, power amps, etc.

What I would like right now is an Axe III in a floorboard setup. Just like the Helix rack is the same in performance to the floorboard. No more of this souped up rack powerhouses and a heavily stripped down floorboard unit.
Um... the FM3 is more powerful than the Helix rack. The cooling requirements of the Axe FX III mean it needs to be large in order to work. A floor Axe FX iii would be huge using currently available tech.

As stated above, an AFIII combo amp but with iOS programmability. I’ve been enjoying the simplicity of the Boss Nextone and Katana Artist. I’m sure Fractal, with its base in the higher end market, could do it better given the price point where Fractal exists.

Back
Top Bottom