What have i done ??????

serge20261

Inspired
i have advertised my Ultra out of frustration,but somehow last weekend i managed to get the sounds that i was kind of liking clean snappy rhythms,motown etc.Tonight i turned it on mucked around with some global settings and something in the i/o menu (dont ask me what as i hve no idea) anyhow all my clean presets now sound distorted WTF!!!!!!! My out 1 & 2 are clipping they were clipping prior to all of this I am not sure how to stop it from clipping.At the last gig i did i found that i did not have enough volume so i turned as many knobs as i could that was given me volume i run a VHT 2/50/2 power amp.Any guidance will be appreciated i am just not getting what i want from the Axe I am more then certain that the unit is capable its just the nut behind it.

No one can tell if even YOU don`t know what you have done......try first carefully reading the manual about all the buttons and stuff before you start turning them around.......

serge20261 said:
i have advertised my Ultra out of frustration,but somehow last weekend i managed to get the sounds that i was kind of liking clean snappy rhythms,motown etc.Tonight i turned it on mucked around with some global settings and something in the i/o menu (dont ask me what as i hve no idea) anyhow all my clean presets now sound distorted WTF!!!!!!! My out 1 & 2 are clipping they were clipping prior to all of this I am not sure how to stop it from clipping.At the last gig i did i found that i did not have enough volume so i turned as many knobs as i could that was given me volume i run a VHT 2/50/2 power amp.Any guidance will be appreciated i am just not getting what i want from the Axe I am more then certain that the unit is capable its just the nut behind it.

you probably turned off the poweramp and/or cab sims

If you're clipping like crazy I'm almost 99.9999999999% sure you have your Global Volume all the way up... put that sucker back to zero (unity). On my amp I have both my global volumes set to zero... my input at about 11 o'clock and my output to about 3 o'clock... then I adjust my overall volume with my power amp. Hope that helps...

mortega76 said:
If you're clipping like crazy I'm almost 99.9999999999% sure you have your Global Volume all the way up... put that sucker back to zero (unity). On my amp I have both my global volumes set to zero... my input at about 11 o'clock and my output to about 3 o'clock... then I adjust my overall volume with my power amp. Hope that helps...

turning the poweramp or cabs sims off can do the same thing.

javajunkie said:
mortega76 said:

The clipping was there prior to my stuff up,but i think your right I am pretty sure that s what i turned off,The only reason I turned the sims off was that i read somewhere that if I was running a Tube power amp and speaker cabinet I could turn the sims off,but it sounds disgusting with them on
so what am I to do??I wish i was half as cluey as some of you guys.As always thanks for the help

Sounds to me like you might have programmed your presets with the Power Amp sim turned off globally, probably with the Master parameter in the Amp blocks quite high.
Then you turned the Power Amp sims back on Globally via the Global pages.

But that's just a guess.

serge20261 said:
javajunkie said:
mortega76 said:

The clipping was there prior to my stuff up,but i think your right I am pretty sure that s what i turned off,The only reason I turned the sims off was that i read somewhere that if I was running a Tube power amp and speaker cabinet I could turn the sims off,but it sounds disgusting with them on
so what am I to do??I wish i was half as cluey as some of you guys.As always thanks for the help

You can turn them off in your case, but the master volume becomes a normal level control in that case and you will have to turn down the master volume or level parameter in the amp block.

Back
Top Bottom