What has been your experience with FAMC Liquid Foot LF+ MIDI Controllers?

GotMetalBoy

Power User
Before I go off on a rant, I want to see what other peoples experiences have been with FAMC and if I'm just having a one off issue. They changed their support ticketing system 3 months ago, which is supposed to resolve their past reputation of not responding to support tickets. I've worked for IT Support for almost 20 years, so I understand how much work and stressful it can be but I need a reality check.

How long does it take for them to respond?

How long should I wait for them to respond?

How long on average does it take for them to resolve your issues?

How often do they release bug fixes and updates?

How does their support compare to other support you've dealt with?

I have an LF PRO. Support has not been a strength. Sometimes it's quick. Sometimes it's never. I think the guy might just get busy and focused. Posts on forums like this used to get attention.

I have an LF PRO. Support has not been a strength. Sometimes it's quick. Sometimes it's never. I think the guy might just get busy and focused. Posts on forums like this used to get attention.

Thanks for your reply. The one thing that kind of upsets me is that I contacted a competitor company to find out if their product could do what my LF+ PRO+ couldn't do and they exchanged multiple emails, updated their firmware to make it work and tested their product with the Axe-FX II to make sure it worked all within 38 hours. Now that exceeds my expectations and is rare to find that good of support. I'm just hoping and being optimistic that some people will reply to this post with good things to say and I am just over reacting bc I do like my LF+ PRO+.

I hear a lot of complaints with FAMC support and I'm kind of surprised. My experience has been the complete opposite. Every ticket I've entered has been responded to the same day... usually in less than an hour. The longest ticket I've had went around a week... and that was because they were putting the fix in the next firmware release. They have put several features in at my request and I've even had direct calls from Jeff to ask about a ticket or request. Maybe I'm the needle in the haystack but I have no complaints. I should note that I haven't entered a ticket in a while... probably several months... if that matters and I have purchased 2 devices so maybe I get special treatment!

I finally got a reply from Jeff, the owner of FAMC, today 04/01/2015 9:25 am EST for the ticket I opened on 03/12/2015 3:09 pm EST. He sent me a sysex file that is supposed to correct my Scene programming issues. He also said the tuner issues will be resolved in the updated 4.18 firmware. I really hope this resolves my issues.

... I'm just hoping and being optimistic that some people will reply to this post with good things to say and I am just over reacting bc I do like my LF+ PRO+.

FWIW, I was an early adopter of the 12+. I have nothing but good things to say about FAMC's products and customer support.

Response times do vary. It's easy to get spoiled by seeing a new release less than 24 hours after reporting a bug or requesting a feature... something I've experienced several times. That said, response times do vary. They're a small shop (I don' t know for certain, but smaller than Fractal, I'd guess). I get the sense that they sometimes go heads-down and prioritize critical work (new product releases, tricky bugs, major feature updates) over answering email.

Jeff, the owner of FAMC, finally called me tonight! :) He helped me program my PRO+ to do 99% what I want it to do and asked me to email him my programming to see if he can get it 100% working. He also answered all my questions about settings in the Editor and gave me some good examples of how to use them and do some advanced programming.

I've experienced the spotty response times, but they do finally respond and try to be helpful in resolving issues. They're latest firmware release resolved my issues and they sent me two replacement LCD screens for free when they went faulty, and this was after the warranty expired. I tend to agree that it just seems like a small shop so prioritizing workflow becomes an issue.

Back
Top Bottom