What Happened to the FX Loop Block?

AndrewKirkland

Inspired
As I looked at the back of the new Axe FX 3 online, I did not notice a "send/return" like the 2 has. In addition, the FX Loop block graphic is missing from the list of "blocks" in the information regarding the Axe FX 3. I notice there are more inputs/outputs, so how would you route external effects through this unit?

You would just use one of the outputs as the effects send and one of the inputs as the effects return. And then use the corresponding Output and Input blocks within the grid.

They separated the Fx-Loop block into separate 'In' and 'Out' blocks, and added more of them. Way better......

And also added more 'Send' and 'Return' blocks for extending the signal chains, and other cool stuff. We will now have 2 of each.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies everyone! I am going to wait to see comparisons of this unit vs the 2 to see the difference. I may buy in at axe fx 4.

They separated the Fx-Loop block into separate 'In' and 'Out' blocks, and added more of them. Way better......

And also added more 'Send' and 'Return' blocks for extending the signal chains, and other cool stuff. We will now have 2 of each.

As I've said before to me this is the single biggest reason alone to buy the III (and there are many). I use a guitar synth and the piezo. The flexibility of routing input x to output y is a game changer if I understand it correctly. Output 1 could be consolidated to front of house. Output 2 could be to an amp prior to the amp and cab block. Output 3 just the piezo and 4 just the synth with flexibility to turn them on and off through modifiers. Or if a triple play user, use the usb. The possibilities seem endless. Can't wait.

MM

Back
Top Bottom