What happened to the Fetch Backup/Factory Preset features in the Utility menu?

shredi knight

Power User
On the Utility menu's "Preset" page there are 2 utilities for recalling saved user & factory presets that are stored in the Axe's flash memory ("FETCH BACKUP PRESET" & "FETCH FACTORY PRESET"). Prior to FW 18.11, to use this utility you would scroll through numbers (1-384) to find the # of the preset you wanted to recall, then hit Enter and the preset would load.

Now with FW 18.11, there are no longer any numbers to scroll through, only an input that says "ENTER":

103_3238_zpsfiivmmgx.jpg

But when you hit Enter, it loads preset #1 only and I can not find a way to select any of the other 383 saved presets.

So what gives? Am I missing something or have these utilities been disabled? Does anyone know how to select any of the other presets beyond #1?

It's a known bug. It's already been fixed but I don't want to release new firmware because of all the complaints.

Well that was quick, thanks Cliff. :)

Personally I say screw the complainers. If something needs to be fixed and you have the FW ready, then I think you should release it. If they don't ever use the "fetch preset" utilities, then they don't need to worry about updating.

But that's just me. ;)

Improvement and the pursuit of perfection are noble attributes in any venture and no one is forced to update; so their complaints are beyond insane. Please don't let the loonies run the asylum.

It's a known bug. It's already been fixed but I don't want to release new firmware because of all the complaints.

Seriously? The number of users complaining about updates are far outnumbered by those thankful for them. That's been proven in that idiot Hellraiser's thread alone.

This is an incredibly disappointing (and hard to believe) development. It feels like we're being punished for a scant few ungrateful prick's actions.

Screw the complainers -- no one is forcing them to install the firmware.

They can go buy a Line 6 or a TC G-System -- no updates ever. Perfect for them!

Yeah, that seems like a little more than a minor bug. If its already fixed wtf? release it. What is wrong with you guys! Stop bickering and shred!

Screw the complainers -- no one is forcing them to install the firmware.

They can go buy a Line 6 or a TC G-System -- no updates ever. Perfect for them!

you are incorrect the pod 500 was updated recently and it had bugs that had to be addressed, 2 years 1 update and it was buggy! fractal has a way better average with out doubt!

One of the things that always impressed me was how quick bugs would be fixed and new corrected firmware released.
Often on the same day the bug was reported. Almost always within a few days. I think the majority of Fractal users greatly appreciated that.

An update takes no time, and it's simply a matter of people saving patches, with relatively minor reworking, in my experience. Definitely not worth the various bitch and moan threads/posts about it. I just avoid reading those at all cost. FW updates are not mandatory (the occasional minor bug notwithstanding).

Glad to see you went ahead a released the new FW Cliff. As I am sure you are aware... People are gunna complain. No matter WHAT! Safe to say that the majority of people around here accept the frequent updates with open arms.

Back
Top Bottom