What happened to Atomic.Amps ?

Scott.A.B

I just Googled Atomic Amps and the website is no longer up, I hope they are.just having trouble with the website.

Scott

Interesting... I just looked at it last week and it was fine. I haven't heard or read anything about Atomic in a wile.

wow weird hopefully it comes back soon, i emailed tom king for a small support issue over a month ago, i got one reply, but not another, perhaps i should give him another shout soon.

I know they are working on something very cool... maybe they are working on the website right now?

And before the questions, emails and PM's - no, I will not spill the beans. Discretion above all else.

I know they are working on something very cool... maybe they are working on the website right now?

And before the questions, emails and PM's - no, I will not spill the beans. Discretion above all else.

To back up what Scott said....Atomic is blowing it up!!

I wonder if they will discontinue the powered Cab. It has been in the "sold out" state on G66's website for months. I never bothered to email G66 for this as now is not a good time for me to invest in gear.. But interesting to lurk and see what happens..

I own two Atomic powered cabs which I bought from G66, Germany. Amp 1 I have owned for about 10 months and it has been back to G66 twice for repair (once it failed on me mid gig and thus I lost income), Amp 2 I have owned for a few months and now that has failed on me tonight whilst teaching a guitar lesson - more lost income. That amp will also be heading off to G66 for repair.

None of the amp failures are valve related. It's capacitors and stuff like that...(I'm not technically minded.)

I do not want to hijack a thread tingling with anticipation over new gear but I would be interested to know if my experience with Atomic amps is singular. Whatever these guys are building I will think twice before investing my hard earned in it.

I own two Atomic powered cabs which I bought from G66, Germany. Amp 1 I have owned for about 10 months and it has been back to G66 twice for repair (once it failed on me mid gig and thus I lost income), Amp 2 I have owned for a few months and now that has failed on me tonight whilst teaching a guitar lesson - more lost income. That amp will also be heading off to G66 for repair.

None of the amp failures are valve related. It's capacitors and stuff like that...(I'm not technically minded.)

I do not want to hijack a thread tingling with anticipation over new gear but I would be interested to know if my experience with Atomic amps is singular. Whatever these guys are building I will think twice before investing my hard earned in it.

Mine blew a filter cap too and I have had nothing but trouble getting it repaired. :( Currently dead and can't wait to get rid of it.

Got two passive cabs almost a year and half ago there was a problem with both cabs same problem for both the horn/tweeter was not working, after a little tinkering turns out the wiring harness was to blame. I shot an email to Atomic. I had a phone call from Atomic/Tom within 10–15 min’s, I kid you not! And this was on a Sunday at 10:00AM. Anyway I asked if I could be sent two connectors (one for each cab and I can redo the wiring harness myself (after I told Tom how I came to the conclusion it was the wiring harnesses) He just wanted to send me new cabs and did, customer service I CANT complain. A few months go by one of the cabinets cut out on me turns out the jack was the problem which surprised me since at this point they had never left the house, took a look at the other cab while I was at it turns out the thu- jack was dead (never used it so never knew). The short version: took they apart replaced the ¼ jacks got rid of the PC boards and just hard-wired everything. Overall happy as far as sound (bang for the buck) but I can see in your situation dealing with the amps themselves that can be very frustrating.

John

Back
Top Bottom