What guitars do you use with Fender amp models?

Strat, Teles, PRSes, SG, Gretsch Pro Jet, Ricky 620/12, etc.

Most of my guitars have relatively low-ish output pickups, or have series/parallel switches to get into the lower output range. The SG is probably the loudest, with a DiMarzio Virtual P90 and a P90-sized Super Distortion (which is really only a high-medium output pickup these days)....

The Strat and Tele are just phenomenal, especially with a Tube Screamer in front of the amp. I just put some Lollar P90s in my 40th Anniversary Les Paul Standard and they were darker than I had hoped... but... I found a tip online about clipping the tone knob caps to take them out of the circuit and it really opened up the tone! Now they've got that rudeness and grind that a P90 should have. I'm pumped!

Fender strat with humbuckers or a Klein
Which model are you using with humbuckers? Some of the Fender models break up really early and have a fizzy top end that sounds great with single coils, but feels weird with humbuckers. Still trying to find a great fit for a Les Paul with humbuckers. The Les Paul Deluxe with mini's sounds great though! That guitar really does sound like a Les Paul and a Tele had a baby and named it Deluxe.

I don't really match guitars to amps. I have a handful of guitars I play more than others. Most of them are humbucker guitars. And my gigging presets are mostly Fender-based. 65 Bassguy in my Dad & Co preset gets used with my 594 and HB Spruce pretty heavily. The Vibrato Verb in my Silver Tongued preset usually gets used with my Silver Sky, but I dig it with the 594 as well. The Deluxe Tweed in my RUST preset gets used with my P90 Les Paul as the gods themselves intended. :)

I don't really match guitars to amps. I have a handful of guitars I play more than others. Most of them are humbucker guitars. And my gigging presets are mostly Fender-based. 65 Bassguy in my Dad & Co preset gets used with my 594 and HB Spruce pretty heavily. The Vibrato Verb in my Silver Tongued preset usually gets used with my Silver Sky, but I dig it with the 594 as well. The Deluxe Tweed in my RUST preset gets used with my P90 Les Paul as the gods themselves intended. :)
Whoa! I took your advice and used the 65 Bassguy for humbuckers and the Tweed Deluxe for P90s and man... perfect call on both of those. Thanks for the tip!

The Strat and Tele are just phenomenal, especially with a Tube Screamer in front of the amp. I just put some Lollar P90s in my 40th Anniversary Les Paul Standard and they were darker than I had hoped... but... I found a tip online about clipping the tone knob caps to take them out of the circuit and it really opened up the tone! Now they've got that rudeness and grind that a P90 should have. I'm pumped!

I have the tone caps clipped on quite a few 'dark' or 'muddy' guitars and it turned them into bangers! It's a great trick that costs absolutely nothing and can be the difference between you selling the guitar and rocking out on it!

Which model are you using with humbuckers? Some of the Fender models break up really early and have a fizzy top end that sounds great with single coils, but feels weird with humbuckers. Still trying to find a great fit for a Les Paul with humbuckers. The Les Paul Deluxe with mini's sounds great though! That guitar really does sound like a Les Paul and a Tele had a baby and named it Deluxe.
Both my strat and Klein have humbuckers. I think both guitars work amazingly well with these amp models. Cygnus is the best I’ve ever used in a modeling system. It doesn’t even feel or sound like a modeling system anymore. It’s the real deal and all in a box

with all my guitars, but i agree with tele or strat i find the sweat spot of the amp tone and gain wise much faster. (compared to humbucker loaded guitars). To mention, i am not a fender guy and just use 2 models in the Axe. Even though i like british amps more, the 6G4 Super with factory dumble IRs and The Deluxe Tweed Jumpered with @ML SOUND LAB Legends (4X12 Pre Rola Celestion Green Backs) sound awesome. With all my guitars but as i said before easier to dial in with single coils.

For session stuff, I like to pull up the Double Verb (Twin) and maybe a Les Paul in the middle pickup combination for "skanks".... like reggae, or 12/8 motown stuff like "At Last", etc.

Sometimes if I do a song where they want a "vintage vibe", I'll use a tweed and a humbucker guitar to get the farty tweed sound for all my dirty "power" guitars.

Also, the tweed cranked with the Les Paul is the famous Eagles "Hotel California", "One Of These Nights", etc sound.

Charvel ,Jackson and Gibson into Fender Amps are great! Also, The TS808 really smokes in front of a Fender when hit with a hot signal.

Back
Top Bottom