What guitars do you use with Fender amp models?

York Audio

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I tend to use a Strat or a Tele 99% of the time when pulling up a Fender amp model. They just feel incredible with those models.

Do you guys mainly stick with Fender guitars, or what else do you like to play through Fender amps?

I have per-guitar presets for maybe a dozen Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Ibanez, and PRS guitars and I'd bet that there is a Band Commander or Deluxe Trem in all of them. I particularly like them with semi-hollows like my 335, Gretsch 5420, and PRS Special Semi 22.

I tend to use a Strat or a Tele 99% of the time when pulling up a Fender amp model. They just feel incredible with those models.

Do you guys mainly stick with Fender guitars, or what else do you like to play through Fender amps?

Pretty much every guitar I own (prs 594/S2 SC, jazzmasters, baritone JM, strat, tele, custom build).

Stratocaster mainly with the Axe FXIII.
In real life either Stratocaster or Telecaster or Gretsch Duo Jet.

Any of them, although most of my gigging guitars are either Strats with an SSS pickup configuration or my PRS SE Semi-hollowbody with Duncan Phat Cats (P-90 style in a humbucker-sized package).

I agree that the amps definitely need to be tweaked for the guitar (and I immediately turn off the bright switch).

I’m with @jon in liking them with lower output pickups. They sound pretty cool with my P90 Les Paul and Les Paul Deluxe with mini-humbuckers. Just gotta turn the knobs a little.

The Vibrato Verb Custom sounds terrific! It feels more responsive than some of the other Fender models and has an “up front” attack that really speaks with dynamic picking.

I’ll often futz w the input trim when changing guitar types on Fender amp models. A touch more for strat w Ron Ellis sc pups v PRS 58/07 hamburgers for example…

The Axe III has Fender models? :p

I've used a PRS with TV Jones Power'trons, a couple of Teles with Fralin split blades and Fender CS Nocaster pickups, Reverend Tricky Gomez with their RT pickups and a couple of strats with Kinman Blues set and Dimarzio Virtual Solo / Virtual Vintage Blues set. All sound great using the Deluxe Verb Normal (Input Drive cranked) and Vibrato Verb.

the strat through a Super Reverb / Vibroverb dual amp set up is an obvious choice to me, but my Les Paul through a Deluxe Reverb is just instant Allman Brothers, it's quite addictive

Telecaster into Band Commander with the MCMLXXXI drive is absolutely unreal.

Outside of that, Fenders are my go-to for clean sounds. I use my PRS Standard 24 into most blackface Fenders for nice cleans.

I really like most of the fenders. I have a strat and tele but mostly play an ibanez, music man or my frankenstein with ibanez parts. all humbuckers with 5-way blade switches.

Back
Top Bottom