What guitar stool would you recommend?

QqfKRp1.jpg

:lol

did someone ask what seat they should sit on? Don't tell me they did,. please! lol if you have an ass, sit on it, then play the guitar as BB King once said. Don't rely on the guitar, the amp, the effects you have, rely on the playing, the soul, and play a lot, thats all the matters. play play play, what else is there. some people get pre-occupied with gear, instead of playing, and they live and die in the closet. As MXR pedals logo states, "live to play live", just make sure others see you play, even if you play shit. Like dave said, play shit and play shit often, then people will come along to listen to you playing like shit, and then you will get better after a while, then you will become famous for your shit playing, and then you will become nirvana. So i say, sit on your ass instead of a seat, and play like there is no tomorrow, because tomorrow doesn't actually exist!

did someone ask what seat they should sit on? Don't tell me they did,. please! lol if you have an ass, sit on it, then play the guitar as BB King once said. Don't rely on the guitar, the amp, the effects you have, rely on the playing, the soul, and play a lot, thats all the matters. play play play, what else is there. some people get pre-occupied with gear, instead of playing, and they live and die in the closet. As MXR pedals logo states, "live to play live", just make sure others see you play, even if you play shit. Like dave said, play shit and play shit often, then people will come along to listen to you playing like shit, and then you will get better after a while, then you will become famous for your shit playing, and then you will become nirvana. So i say, sit on your ass instead of a seat, and play like there is no tomorrow, because tomorrow doesn't actually exist!

Blah, blah, blah! I could not care less what BB King said. The guy could barely play chords. That Burger King commercial he did sure awesome though.:lol

I also use a secretary desk chair-padded, adjustable and I also did not out the arms on it. $119 and had it for 6 years now. I do a lot of playing in front of the computer in my home studio.

I also have the fender stool from Sweetwater. I swap it out when I know I am going to play mostly . recording with my daw I stand up.

Z-Line makes an awesome task chair. Memory Foam in the seat and it's very comfortable for long sessions. Amazon has them in stock and relatively cheap.

blah blah blah, i guess the closest is your best friend eh! i guess your not into positive affirmations or good direction for others. oh well.

I've been using a desk chair with arms that flip up on the sides. I got it from BestBuy. I use it for computer and recording music as well. Bought a cheap footstool to get in a more ergonomic playing position.

Unless a person has a cushy bum like B.B. I think a comfy chair is vital for long practice sessions. I for one just as easily, probably moreso, pour my heart and soul into my guitar craft in a comfortable chair as opposed to a wooden plank bench full of knotholes.

I was looking at drum seats as they seat all the time now it's just a matter of price and also I need to determine thickness of padding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really need to consider putting more thought into whether or not to post at all. You made a terrible decision writing and posting any part of this.

I got 2 of these for my studio so 2 musicians can record at once. For me, having either arms swiveling up, (for lefties too) was a critical point.
I put extra padding on the arms too. Got some 3 " memory foam from around the apt and cut into 2 strips. Then took a pair thin BLACK dress socks (long ones) and inserted the foam inside, an just slide them on the arms ''instant" $600 chair. :encouragement:
Techni Mobili Executive Office Chair with Headrest & Reviews | Wayfair or Wildon Home ® Office Chair & Reviews | Wayfair

Last edited:
I practice in my Herman Miller Aeron office chair. I don't find the arms interfere with my playing, but if they did, it's easy enough to adjust them out of the way.

I just bought one of those computer chairs without arms today from ikea. It's $39 on sale. Comfy enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what the fuck I'm talkin' about!

Some of these chairs... $300 and up for an ass-rest while you play guitar. GTFOH. I'll buy a strap for $10 and stand all day with a broken spine and a 10lb Les Paul before I'd put $300 into a chair specifically for guitar.

$300... better have a damn Laz-E-Boy tag on the side.

That's what the fuck I'm talkin' about!

Some of these chairs... $300 and up for an ass-rest while you play guitar. GTFOH. I'll buy a strap for $10 and stand all day with a broken spine and a 10lb Les Paul before I'd put $300 into a chair specifically for guitar.

$300... better have a damn Laz-E-Boy tag on the side.

Don't price check the aeron, or you may go into convulsions. :)

Back
Top Bottom