What guitar stool would you recommend?

sickindian

Experienced
Hello,

I'm looking for comfortable guitar stool as mine just broke ;/(it was a cheap one). I'm looking to get one that will support your bottom without pain after 40 minutes. I remember that Yek have bought one but it was quite expensive yet i'd like to get as many opinions as possible because tweaking takes some time with my Axe :).

Rather than a stool, you might want to consider an armless "task chair". Most office supply stores sell them in the $100 range, unless you go nuts and buy a Steelcase or something.

I did a quick Google search under "guitar (chair,stool)" and there many options from cheap to extremely expensive. It really depends (beyond your budget, of course) on what you use the chair for... do you need foot support, ease of transport, want a back rest, etc. I've used everything from folding chairs to drum thrones with varying levels of success. I currently have two chairs from Ikea that work well in my studio because they have no sides and are wider than bar stools and have a bar for your feet so your upper leg is semi-level to hold a guitar, but they are unpadded and get uncomfortable after a bit.

Rather than a stool, you might want to consider an armless "task chair". Most office supply stores sell them in the $100 range, unless you go nuts and buy a Steelcase or something.

This. The one I have allows the seat to be angled a bit forward which helps with posture. In addition I use a car cushion wedge that has a U-shaped wedge cut-out. This cut-out eliminates the infamous movie theater seat squirm.

The great thing about roc n soc is you configure it to your liking. Doesn't hurt that they are super durable and comfortable.

you could get The Guitar Chair, but it's expensive. Works great though.
I've been thinking about getting one of these to replace a recliner in the den. I sit with electric guitars in a classical style seating position with left leg propped up. I hope it works well for this. Only one way to find out I suppose :encouragement:

I've been thinking about getting one of these to replace a recliner in the den. I sit with electric guitars in a classical style seating position with left leg propped up. I hope it works well for this. Only one way to find out I suppose :encouragement:
I looked up the guitar chair and I was thinking of something else. I like this guitar chair you speak of, expensive, but worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom