What go you think is wrong with my Axe-Fx 3?

barryswanson

Inspired
So I just downloaded a preset from axe exchange named Militia Mk.IIC++ and it brought the CPU warning up and then froze my unit and I can't seem to delete it out of the preset manager.

I get this warning

Communication time-out:

unable to complete the following communication request: Change Preset : patch_change

Any ideas?

So I just downloaded a preset from axe exchange named Militia Mk.IIC++ and it brought the CPU warning up and then froze my unit and I can't seem to delete it out of the preset manager.

I get this warning

Communication time-out:

unable to complete the following communication request: Change Preset : patch_change

Any ideas?
I had the same problem with this patch. Unable to switch to another one from axe edit. Working from the front panel solved the problem in my case (just by selecting the next preset).

Thats what I ended up doing. Is there a way to delete some of the scenes in the preset? Or surplus to me, om of the effects prior to installing the preset to the device? I really wanted to give that a pre-set a go.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7607

Hi. This is my preset, and I have heard about this issue from several people now. I've been using this patch as my "kitchen sink" preset at band practice for over a year now, and never had any problems, but when I have Axe Edit up i can see the CPU is redlining it. The preset I uploaded to Axe Change is in reality just a template I made with every effect, amp and cab I use for all the Metallica songs in our repertoire. For playing gigs I have one preset for each song, made from this template, with all unnecessary blocks removed for each song.

I use a RJM Mastermind GT22 with Missing Engineering EP-1 RJM for switching, volume and wah, so it might be this that allows me to use the preset without any issues. I dont know if using MIDI takes less resources from the CPU. I also use the same pedal for volume and wah, the toe switch switches between the two.

Cab block 1 uses Misha Mix 4 (if i recall correctly) from the ML USA Djent cab pack in channel A, along with channel A in Amp block 1. Channel B in both Amp 1 and Cab 1 blocks are for my "classic" (but not really) Marshall sound for Kill Em All and Creeping Death. Keep in mind, I made this preset not to replicate any kind of Metallica tone, but for a clear yet aggressive thrash tone that really allows for fast riffs without sounding muddy or dull. I use only EMG 57/66's when playing Metallica, and they have a lot higher output than even the 81/85's do, so you might want to turn up gain a little in the amp block.

I might try to strip it down a little and re upload the preset later.

Don’t connect Axe Edit, load the preset from the front panel, go to Layout and put a couple of shunts in to replace high memory use things like big reverbs and modulation effects. Once it is below the CPU issues, you can open it in Axe Edit and modify to your liking.

It shouldn’t load to begin with. Coding needs to be reworked. It shouldn’t freeze the Axe. It’s an Axe edit issue sounds like?

Back
Top Bottom