What gig ready precautions do you take before going live?

My backup cables, batteries, battery chargers, picks etc travel with my gear, so precautions are on "auto pilot".

Only precaution I do at the gig is to sweep controller pedal & make sure axe-fx is getting midi. That, and I play a couple patches to verify signal & orient my ears to what my floor monitor will sound like. If it's far enough outside what I'm used to (i.e. in a bass-heavy room or outside under a tent with lots of high-end reflections), I EQ it in the digital board with a 6 band parametric.

Backup all your patches onto a laptop and bring the laptop with AxeEdit to a show. I ALWAYS bring a laptop or, if I know the venue has one that I could use, I bring all my patches backed up and AxeEdit on a USB with me. The worst thing that could happen is you lose all your patches! Heaven forbid...

I try to make sure I eat what I am supposed to be eating..hate going on with the show with a "brownie" looming in the shoot ....if you know what I mean.

I try to make sure I eat what I am supposed to be eating..hate going on with the show with a "brownie" looming in the shoot ....if you know what I mean.

....I just spit my drink out!! Hah!

But, one thing I did NOT see mentioned (at least I think I didn't)..... Along with an extra Ethernet cable don't forget a MIDI cable for the MFC and also the MFC power supply....just in case

....I just spit my drink out!! Hah!

But, one thing I did NOT see mentioned (at least I think I didn't)..... Along with an extra Ethernet cable don't forget a MIDI cable for the MFC and also the MFC power supply....just in case

Just to add to this, make sure the MIDI cable has all the pins wired properly, or you'll need 2 midi cables if using the power supply, I have a couple Midi cables here that work fine just for basic midi stuff, but didn't work if I was just using one cable to communicate between Axe II and MFC using the power supply.

Backup all your patches onto a laptop and bring the laptop with AxeEdit to a show. I ALWAYS bring a laptop or, if I know the venue has one that I could use, I bring all my patches backed up and AxeEdit on a USB with me. The worst thing that could happen is you lose all your patches! Heaven forbid...

I also have backups on my smartphone, but you know that the Axe-Fx II has an inbuilt backup function?
Should be pretty failure-proof, unless the whole unit is bricked but then no backup helps.

I also have backups on my smartphone, but you know that the Axe-Fx II has an inbuilt backup function?
Should be pretty failure-proof, unless the whole unit is bricked but then no backup helps.

Yes, but my emergency kit for gigs is a huge toolbox filled with stuff. Because "anything can happen", and I don't wanna take ANY risks.

Murphy will make sure something will go down you haven't foreseen, so don't bother... ;)

Just take care of n°1 and n°2 (to prevent sharts :mrgreen).

I also make sure there is a crowd before I will stagedive next time... :lol

If you're using ethernet cable to connect Axe II and MFC, I would bring a midi cable and the MFC power supply as backup. For my most recent gig, the ethernet link started to flake out during rehearsal....literally lost the connection to the Axe II several times (generated "Axe FX Timeout!" message) and this happened during switching. I was glad I had the backup!

Back
Top Bottom