What FX do you guys use in the studio?

Muzick

Experienced
Hey guys,

Do you use the AXEFX compression, delay, and/or reverb on other tracks besides the guitar? Do you find these useful for vocals, drums or other instruments?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Brandon

At some point, every effect is useful on every track. Although, I must admit I've never used anything other than compression and verb on drums. I tried dropping the kick drum an octave once, but the console's built-in FX had some latency, so it sounded weird when they were both turned up.

TheOtherDave said:
At some point, every effect is useful on every track. Although, I must admit I've never used anything other than compression and verb on drums. I tried dropping the kick drum an octave once, but the console's built-in FX had some latency, so it sounded weird when they were both turned up.

That is weird. And let me clarify that I'm talking about using the AXEFX compression, eq, reverb etc, on other instruments. I assume that's what you're speaking to?

Thanks,
Brandon

BORNintoMUSIC said:
And let me clarify that I'm talking about using the AXEFX compression, eq, reverb etc, on other instruments. I assume that's what you're speaking to?
Nope, I was talking about using effects in general. That said, good verb is good verb. If you like the effects in the AxeFX, use them! No law, either of the state or of physics, is broken if you process a non-guitar signal with the AxeFX.

TheOtherDave said:
BORNintoMUSIC said:
And let me clarify that I'm talking about using the AXEFX compression, eq, reverb etc, on other instruments. I assume that's what you're speaking to?
Nope, I was talking about using effects in general. That said, good verb is good verb. If you like the effects in the AxeFX, use them! No law, either of the state or of physics, is broken if you process a non-guitar signal with the AxeFX.

What's your experience Dave? Have you found the FX from the axe usable throughout your mix other than just guitars?

Back
Top Bottom