What FrFr to get?

I was dead set on the Atomic Wedges..after reading about alt the trouble people are experiencing with it I’m somewhat sceptical. Is the new MK 2 better?

"Which" FRFR to get? The forum is full of threads to which you can add or contribute.

"Which" FRFR to get? The forum is full of threads to which you can add or contribute.
Well my head is spinning..is the MK 2 better or not? The only one I’ve seen that have somewhat same functions is the XiTone. The possibility to use it as an regular Stage Wedge at the same time is crucial.

Xitone. They're a local company here and I got to try one of his wedges in person. Super great sounding, very durable, very loud and he's got all kinds of customization options. I plan on ordering one of his cabs with my next tax return (come on January...). I never hear about Xitone issues but every 3rd post about Atomic seems to be about reliability issues of some kind.

Xitone. They're a local company here and I got to try one of his wedges in person. Super great sounding, very durable, very loud and he's got all kinds of customization options. I plan on ordering one of his cabs with my next tax return (come on January...). I never hear about Xitone issues but every 3rd post about Atomic seems to be about reliability issues of some kind.

How did you like it compared to CLR? Any thoughts on QSC K.2 series? Thanks

How did you like it compared to CLR? Any thoughts on QSC K.2 series? Thanks
I've never actually played a CLR. I was looking at those for a bit but the combination of customization options and them being a local company made Xitone more appealing for me. I played a QSC K12 a couple of years back and thought the bass response was kind of exaggerated but I don't know how the K2 series is. Honestly, I think with any of these you'll just have to take a leap of faith after doing some research and reading reviews. I don't think there's any easy way to try any one of these units unless of course your local Guitar Center has one of those QSC speakers in stock.

I've never actually played a CLR. I was looking at those for a bit but the combination of customization options and them being a local company made Xitone more appealing for me. I played a QSC K12 a couple of years back and thought the bass response was kind of exaggerated but I don't know how the K2 series is. Honestly, I think with any of these you'll just have to take a leap of faith after doing some research and reading reviews. I don't think there's any easy way to try any one of these units unless of course your local Guitar Center has one of those QSC speakers in stock.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the QSC K10.2s in store as well as at home and liked them a lot.

I don't want to go for those though and forever be left wondering how much better CLR/Xitone is.

The price difference for me will be $450 more for the CLR. I tend to be a perfectionist but this would need to be a large difference in quality to be worth it. I've even read two people saying they preferred the k10.2 to the CLR! That didn't make things any easier...

I have only used RCF and Atomic FRFRs. I can say the RCF NX12SMA and the CLR Mk 2 Neo both sound incredibly good. I have gigged both, the CLR for about a year now and the RCF for much, much longer, and have not experienced any failures. I don’t think you’d regret purchasing either one.

Well my head is spinning..is the MK 2 better or not? The only one I’ve seen that have somewhat same functions is the XiTone. The possibility to use it as an regular Stage Wedge at the same time is crucial.
The MK 2 CLR runs cooler if I recall correctly. The CLR is better than other products in its price range, solves a lot of speaker design issues that other designs haven't really solved.

Back
Top Bottom