What FRFR cabs do you use?

I went with a pair of CLRs. Made it a year and a 1/2 of daily usage before one took a dump.

Even though it's past Warranty, I think Tom King is still going to fix it as if it were warranty.

That kind of service is worth it's weight in gold man.

The finish of the CLR can chip off pretty easily if you're not careful. Put it in a cover when moving it around. Sound-wise I have nothing but praise to offer, which is really the important aspect here. I can only comment on the Atomic side of things though, but I've read plenty of people being more than happy with their XiTone cabs.

Exactly... the CLRs sound great but they are way too easy to scuff, scratch, dent.. whatever. No problem for home use but you'll need a cover if you're gigging them, etc. I haven't tried any of the other options mentioned (XiTone, etc.), although I like how responsive the XiTone builder is on the forums, etc. Seems like he's big on customer service, which counts big time for me. I will say that everyone I've demoed the CLRs for here in Austin (which is 4 people so far) ended up buying them for themselves (last I heard).

I have a pair of the CLR Neo's that were part of the original launch. The hype is real. They never cease to amaze me or anyone I demo them for. The surface on mine are definitely easy to scuff but it is not an issue in my case as I only use them in the home studio. I highly recommend them!

It is my understanding that all new Atomic Production runs have a much more durable finish. Atomic is another company that listens to it's customers.

Custom XiTone 1x12 cabinet with 3 rack spaces on the top - basically makes a Xi-Frac combo amp. The built-in Matrix GA50 power amp has more than enough juice to blow the windows out of any small to mid size venue. Has a 3dB pad for the tweeter and an enable/disable switch for the FRFR function (so you can use it like a normal guitar cab if you want). Has a built in kickstand on the bottom so you can aim the whole rig up at you. Still tweaking my patches to optimize them with it, but loving it so far. Mick at XiTone is great to work with.

That 4x12 sounds like an interesting piece. Do you have any idea what the price tag was for that thing?

I'll probably have to go the 2x12 route though, but still kinda want a CLR for home use.

No I have no idea I just recall there was a post on here about Mic making a 4x12 FRFR cab for a special order. It looked awesome and if stilled had people to carry my crap for me I'd be all over that. But I think if you go CLR or buy from Mic you will be happy. People on these forums speak very highly of both options.

I use a K12 for high volume stuff, but will say some of those XiTones look sweet. If I find a large pile of money I would definitely consider one.

Back
Top Bottom