What floor controller shows which IA's are available?

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
I was wandering which foot controller shows which IA switches are available for a certain preset without a lot of programming?
Mine can do this but I have to program a lot.
I can have 24 IA's, but have to program which ones are available and which not.
Which foot controller can do the following:
assign IA's to an x-number of switches (please mention the max number of IA's)
Can you determine from the LED's which are available for a certain preset?
How do you have to go about that for each preset?

I knew the LF could dp that but from the manual it isn't quite clear how many steps you would have to go through to assign those IA's.
I'll give an example.
First I have to create a preset - assign a PC number, create all my Stompboxes and Momentary switches.
a preset is any combination of these.
Then a bank contains a combination of presets.
I can have 5 presets and 24 IA's.
For each IA I have to set if it's used or not.
So that means for a bank of 5 presets, setting 120 rules.
Furthermore, each time I change a preset on the Axe-Fx - add or delete a block that has an IA assigned to it, I have to check all the banks where that preset is used to adjust the rules.
I was wandering how this works with other foot controllers.

my fx1 i just program the pedal to be the "brain" so to speak, and the axe i set sometimes with everything off, or on a preset that i know i want stuff i put them on. yes it's double duty.. but thats what you get with one way communication.

MisterE said:
I knew the LF could dp that but from the manual it isn't quite clear how many steps you would have to go through to assign those IA's.
I'll give an example.
First I have to create a preset - assign a PC number, create all my Stompboxes and Momentary switches.
a preset is any combination of these.
Then a bank contains a combination of presets.
I can have 5 presets and 24 IA's.
For each IA I have to set if it's used or not.
So that means for a bank of 5 presets, setting 120 rules.
Furthermore, each time I change a preset on the Axe-Fx - add or delete a block that has an IA assigned to it, I have to check all the banks where that preset is used to adjust the rules.
I was wandering how this works with other foot controllers.

The Liquid Pro has an Auto loud function for the PodXT and Axe-fx. It will automaticly set you effect states and patch name along w/ the program change #. You go to Utilities-Auto load, then tell it a range of presets to process.

MisterE said:
I was wandering which foot controller shows which IA switches are available for a certain preset without a lot of programming?
Maybe I should add some more details to this question... (since it's about the Gordius LG-X and I have been discussing this with MisterE)
This question is not about automatically initializing the correct state of the 24 IAs depending on the selected preset - that's easily accomplished, a few clicks in the editor. No, it's about :
- using the LEDs in a 3-state mode (off, dim, on), which shows if an IA switch is "not available" (LED off), "available but switched off" (LED dim) or "available and switched on" (LED on).
- and, when selecting a preset, specify those 3 states for each IA (not just the regular "switched on" or "switched off" state which is easily programmed)

In other words: if you start with a bank containing 24 IA switches, and you select a preset which uses only 5 IAs, you not only want to set the correct state (on/off) of the 24 IA switches, but you also want to disable all but those 5 IAs (put them in the third state next to "on" or "off"), and show this through the 3 different LED states.
This is possible in the LG-X but it requires lots of programming through the use of "preset dependency rules", because it is not the standard behavior (standard behavior is initializing the different on/off states, without disabling any IAs). To be honest I'm not sure if there are many other pedals featuring these 3 different states for an IA.

ossandust said:
MisterE said:
Maybe I should add some more details to this question... (since it's about the Gordius LG-X and I have been discussing this with MisterE)
This question is not about automatically initializing the correct state of the 24 IAs depending on the selected preset - that's easily accomplished, a few clicks in the editor. No, it's about :
- using the LEDs in a 3-state mode (off, dim, on), which shows if an IA switch is "not available" (LED off), "available but switched off" (LED dim) or "available and switched on" (LED on).
- and, when selecting a preset, specify those 3 states for each IA (not just the regular "switched on" or "switched off" state which is easily programmed)

In other words: if you start with a bank containing 24 IA switches, and you select a preset which uses only 5 IAs, you not only want to set the correct state (on/off) of the 24 IA switches, but you also want to disable all but those 5 IAs (put them in the third state next to "on" or "off"), and show this through the 3 different LED states.
This is possible in the LG-X but it requires lots of programming through the use of "preset dependency rules", because it is not the standard behavior (standard behavior is initializing the different on/off states, without disabling any IAs). To be honest I'm not sure if there are many other pedals featuring these 3 different states for an IA.

The liquid foot does.

Back
Top Bottom