What Firmware version are we on??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that unhealthy?

99% of the world relies on websites

apart from you guys seemingly that think a forum is an adequate means of data transference??

it doesn't matter what happens in the real world, data transference is data transference and should be available to all via your website securely and not via a forum???
You can rant & rave & run yourself silly with your so called "logic" but the forum IS, always has been & most likely always will be the first place to get the newest firmware. If that is more than you can deal with, then maybe the Axe is also more than you can deal with.

I see your point neale. If I were updating a different piece of hardware, I would venture to their website, not their forum. Going to the forum would not be my first instinct. However, new firmware installation requires fractal bot which does contain the latest firmware. I have run into instances with computer hardware where the software installer offers an update that is not available on the main website.

you guys seemingly that think a forum is an adequate means of data transference??

The way FAS does real time product development using direct customer interaction, the forum is the lobby/waiting room of the company, the website is the lettering on the marquee out front. Do you get mad at stores for not having their marquee updated with the current specials/deals/sales? The latest and greatest is inside the store talking to the owner/employees...that's the forum. Always has been

I see the new posts coming through that Fractal have released firmware version 12.07 yet on the Downloads page on the website we are still on 12.03.

Are these subsequent versions beta versions or are they fully tested?

Thanks.
Beta releases will clearly say "BETA" the others are official releases.
Firmware updates are posted to the forums then they show up on the website.
It has been this way since the dawn of time on Fractal Forums.

Not so,

I have owned my axe 3 since 2018 and this is the first time there has been a disconnect between a software release and forum update. So I know for fact that this is not the case Skategeezzer

There is often a delay between the website version and the forum version. We let the latest version "stew" for a while on the forum to be sure it's absolutely stable. Once we are satisfied with the stability we update the website.

The current 12.07 version has a small bug in it when using the Astable type for the Chorus block. For this reason we won't update the website yet.

A website seems more official.

A Forum seems more open plan.

Maybe its just my age?

FAS doesn't operate like any other company, it started as one dude hacking a box using a forum for customer comms and a direct update channel, dealing directly with users and working off of 1st hand real time feedback, specifically sidestepping the regular business bureaucracy that cripples developmental mobility. The website is just a marquee, the business is inside. It's a circus, but they always sticky the latest couple update threads to the top so anyone can pop in and grab them. If you don't say anything you won't get shot at. :mute:

I Understand the forward thinking standpoint of the company.

What I don't get, is how fast they seem to forget the people that propagated the system.

You can't move on one system without the other.

its like saying we have developed a Windows system but all you Mac users can fuck off.

Either be professional or not......Most constructionists are.

Dont alienate older users for new users and think your are clever

You are not.

Please update the website to reflect the true ongoings of the company

It's a fair point about the website and normally I would agree. However, the practical reality is that forum members/users are constantly providing feedback about the current software and beta versions of new software. The discussion on the forum about "wish list" items and feedback about beta software has led to a lot of truly amazing improvements in the modeling, effects, etc. Anyone following the forum can attest to how many great improvements came from forum discussion. As such, it seems just to reward those that spend a lot time using the beta software and promptly reporting back issues on the forum with the first opportunity to have the updated release versions. I don't always try the beta versions since I need to make sure I have no issues at gigs but I follow the forum discussion and download the latest release version from the forum. It's not only the first place to find new software but there is often helpful discussion on how to use new features. Personally, this is the best manufacturer-customer relationship I have ever seen for any musical product I have ever owned ever. I rarely go to the website any more. This is where it's at.

I for one, am on the forum multiple times a day. I get notifications about threads that I follow. I visit the website a few times a year?

Having said that... I have always wondered why the website lags so far behind. It seems like it would only take a couple of minutes to add it to the website at the same time and keep them synced??

1000 things that take a couple of minutes still add up to a lot of days.

It just seems strange that a forum gets the info first above an official website.

The government doesn't issue statements via its forum does it?

Not strange at all. This is what's called a "soft-launch". Target your power users first, then go mainstream with certainty that any bugs are worked out. This typical in software development practice.

As for the government, at this particular juncture... really?

I think this whole thing is about the mentality of “omg I don’t have the latestttttttt omgggggg”.

is 12.03 or whatever working? Great! When 12.08 is on the website, then update there and feel great again.

Want the latest? It’s directly available on the forum.

I understand the original question, but I agree it’s shifted to something strange.

What I don't get, is how fast they seem to forget the people that propagated the system.

its like saying we have developed a Windows system but all you Mac users can fuck off.

You are not.

You’re way out of line.

Or take a step back and look at it from another POV. The website doesn’t trail, the forum is a courtesy to deliver early-stage firmware to enthusiastic users.

Purely using government as an example.

Where the confusion lies, as I have discovered in the last few posts, is relative in-cognitive understanding.

I was lead to believe in the first instance that the forum was the be all and end all.

Subsequently I find out that its just a testing ground for subsequent releases.

Just as I suspected.

Therefore for clarity,

Unless you wanna test the reliability and warranty of your unit.

Please do not listen to the advice thrown out here on these forums.

Only download the Fractal Versions available.

Otherwise, legally. you will be perceived as " jumping the gun"

Making things clear from those who claim the forum is the way forward, when in fact it isn't

You are not.

What a nightmare that these guys constantly upgrade their product free of charge to consumers with the fastest way to deliver such updates known by the majority of users and they can't even take the time to update a website. Time to sell your Axe and go with Eleven Rack I guess....
Damn clouds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom