What External Pedals Are You Using With your Axe-Fx?

I use a jp95 in front. The wahs I’m the axe are great but that one is very unique and aggressive, can’t match it without an eq block which I can’t spare the cpu for and also it’s not perfect.

Little Lehle, Polytune Mini 2 and sometimes EP Booster.

EDIT: and sometimes Mel9.

@yek Good afternoon! I previously had an EP Booster when I was playing tube amps and it had some kind of magic for sure. How are you running it in conjunction with your rig and what are your thoughts? Thanks!

a xotic SP comp & a wampler dual fusion. although i'm thinking of selling the dual fusion for a neunaber reverb so I can drop about 35 CPU% by taking my whole shimmer verb line out of my patches. Then i'll have plenty of room for 2 ODs. Anyone want a dual fusion? ;)

I use a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone V1 in front of the axe fx for cleans. Can't live without that pedal. Plus the OD on that thing is so smooth for leads.

The only two pedals I've ever used in front of my XL+ are 1) Crybaby Wah, and 2) Zvex Fuzz Factory. I still haven't learned how to set the AXE's wah to sound like the Crybaby. Many hours trying. The Zvex is so I can nail the tone from Smash Mouth's "Walkin' On The Sun." Cover band requirement; it's a total pain just for one song.

I do sometimes feel the bug to try some pedals just to see. Keep us updated!
Hi did, you ever try to persist with the Zvex tone on your board?? I'm trying on an AX8 and can't get close.. Have tried reverb/plexi with a variety of drives and eq,,, can't get anywhere near it.. ?

Hi did, you ever try to persist with the Zvex tone on your board?? I'm trying on an AX8 and can't get close.. Have tried reverb/plexi with a variety of drives and eq,,, can't get anywhere near it.. ?
Never figured out how to do it without the Zvex. One of those effects that Axe can't do . . . yet! There was a thread on the AXE III forum that talked about modifying advanced parameters in the drive block. Someone may have figured it out. I gave up since I no longer play in the cover band that required that effect. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Cactus,, I'll try the bias in the drives,,, whole idea of the AX8 for me was to reduce the pedals,,, so far I've done it.. Not always perfectly but close enough for a covers band !! (but that Smash Mouth song has me stumped !! - I've read all about how they got it and how they tried to replicate it later once their fuzz pedal was repaired !! have to laugh !)

Back
Top Bottom